New Viofo A139 !

I was planning to do a test with the external MIC today, but the MIC i had assumed could be used was a USB plug ( SJCAM ) and not the mini jack.
So sadly not able to try that out today, and i cant think of a MIC i might have lying around that might work / have the correct plug.

TBH i do think it is cool the camera have a option for a external MIC even if i think the build in one are excellent.

I always found the mic in my A129 Duo was very good compared to other dashcams (y)

well i just wanted to see if it worked, even if i had a MIC that worked it would for sure not be a quality one.
I have argued for a waterproof MIC for the outside, one that would only be live in a button was pressed, but TBH a quality MIC in the cabin would probably do just fine with a babbling person at the door.

5 Pages.....and not a single image of the A139! I want to see what this new 3 Channel Camera looks like!

well i just wanted to see if it worked, even if i had a MIC that worked it would for sure not be a quality one.
I have argued for a waterproof MIC for the outside, one that would only be live in a button was pressed, but TBH a quality MIC in the cabin would probably do just fine with a babbling person at the door.

I wonder whether having a setup where it switched to the external mic when it went into parking mode as well? That would be handy

Yes there is things to play with in ones mind, noise cancellation on such a MIC would also be nice, some dashcams do this pretty well, but they also have more MICs where a dashcam system would just have 1 outside ( maybe ) and one inside the cabin.
This interest me more than sending your footagge over the internet, though that would of course mean the US tax payer will have to pay for more harddrives for the Americans to keep that data for a while.

In my mind there is smart and then there is smart, the latter is what interest me.

You can get the noise cancellation by just using a directional microphone, a dashcam doesn't have problems with wind like action cameras or bike cameras.

Not sure you can get a good waterproof microphone, think it is best to keep them inside. Having 2 channels (stereo) might be useful.

Even the A129 Pro can hear things a Km away if you turn the volume right up!

Personally i dont care much for outside audio, aside for the hopefully rare occasion where i have gotten out of my car to confront a opponent / threat, i would like for his threads to be recorded in that case, and i am not sure i remember to start a audio recording on my phone before i exit the car.
Most times i have exited my car it happen pretty fast even for a guy in my age, probably also why the other part most often jump into their car again and leave.
Must remember to open windows and lure the other part closer to my car, for optimal video and audio capture.
Good thing is most exited people tend to raise their voice. :)

Since this one doesn't have display anymore, is possible to edit settings during recording (and apply it eventually after restart) or is user still forced to pause recording before anything?

Good news is that the new remote cam cables take up a lot less space than the old ones did, took me about 1 minute to pull it though above the headliner! Just taped it to an old thick cable I was removing.
Does it finally use coaxial cables or am i dreaming? :love:

Have to stop recording for the app to enter the menu and settings. And yes, coax, about the size of RG-174.

Phil

Since this one doesn't have display anymore, is possible to edit settings during recording (and apply it eventually after restart) or is user still forced to pause recording before anything?

Does it finally use coaxial cables or am i dreaming? :love:
Yes, it is coaxial cables for both interior and rear cam.

So you have not looked on page #1

You mean the black and white Diagram from MTZ? That's not a 360 Degree Photo of the Front Camera alongside the rear unit.

We do think the A139 internal MIC has better audio quality compared to other VIOFO dash cams.

Are you guys still taking beta testers for the A139 camera? I've got 2 Viofo A129's hardwired in both my vehicles for over 2 years now. Other than the duplicate frame issue, the cameras have worked flawlessly. I'd love to give the A139 a run to see how well it compares to the two A129's.

Does the A139 have a parking mode for 3 Channel Recording? Has a new hardwire kit been developed to work with the A139 or does it support the HK3?

I think HK3 is fine aside for it do not have the USB C plug the A139 use for power, so need another HW kit

I think HK3 is fine aside for it do not have the USB C plug the A139 use for power, so need another HW kit

Wonder if there's an adapter out there that might work to convert the existing HK3 Plug (Mini USB?) to USB-C

Not a route i would take for sure.
I will wait and get the factory solution, and then see if there is a day where i dont freeze to the ground trying to install it.
Whatever i think i need another connection for HW kit as testing 1 systems parking mode probably are not going to cut it, i just have to figure out some sort of multi connector so i can swap cameras easy without pulling the HW kit every time.

Back