New Viofo A139 !

Whatever i think i need another connection for HW kit as testing 1 systems parking mode probably are not going to cut it, i just have to figure out some sort of multi connector so i can swap cameras easy without pulling the HW kit every time.
I use one set of taps and have 4 hardwire kits wired to them, easy done

Yeah not a major problem, just a matter of getting down on ones knees and do it.
So glad my friend have a couple of cushions from a old leather sofa, cuz his yard where i work on my car are pea sized pebbles which are not fun kneeling on.

And its the same where i live except i dont have anything to kneel on aside for the floor mats from my car, and they are pretty thin.

I use one set of taps and have 4 hardwire kits wired to them, easy done
I've been doing this myself via wire-nut connections :rolleyes: but after dealing with old wire uninstalls to put the A139 in I've decided to get a terminal strip with screws as a more secure and far easier to use method. One terminal each for BAT, ACC, and GND instead of the birds nest of wires it had been :p

Phil

The camera is still in pre-production and is officially unreleased - hence there is a reluctance from those of us that have it to reveal too much until Viofo say to do so.

The A139 is still under wraps. Unfortunately the first video was found by one of the keen eyed members here, and that's how this thread started - and started before Viofo wanted it to be, but hey-ho, the early video went public

Hopefully, @HonestReview, as you're asking them for one, they may send a unit out to you for a hands-on inspection.

Last edited:
Not what I meant. The pictures posted DO NOT include a 360 view of the front camera alongside the rear camera? What you linked me to is no better than the black and white diagram MTZ posted...

And you didn't ask for a 360, you just said "5 Pages.....and not a single image of the A139! I want to see what this new 3 Channel Camera looks like!"

And you didn't ask for a 360, you just said "5 Pages.....and not a single image of the A139! I want to see what this new 3 Channel Camera looks like!"

You don't get to really see what the camera looks like....Those images are a rear shots and not of the front. Yes, I wasn't more specific or clear. My apologies.

The camera is still in pre-production and is officially unreleased - hence there is a reluctance from those of us that have it to reveal too much until Viofo say to do so.

The A139 is still under wraps. Unfortunately the first video was found by one of the keen eyed members here, and that's how this thread started - and started before Viofo wanted it to be, but hey-ho, the early video went public

Hopefully, @HonestReview, as you're asking them for one, they may send a unit out to you for a hands-on inspection.

I filled out the form on their website. I'll message them here, too. I would love to try out their new camera. I have 2 x Viofo A129's running in two different vehicles for over two years. Beside that annoying dupe frame issue that got raised and unresolved, I've never had any issues with reliability.

Those cameras record in hot, cold, day, night without any problems what so ever.

I like the design in this dashcam and the fact that it doesn't have a display doesn't bother me at all.

I like the design in this dashcam and the fact that it doesn't have a display doesn't bother me at all.
I find the app is easier to use than a LCD anyway, you can hold the app where you can see it properly, it has a decent sized screen and good resolution, and the playback is much easier to use. For a quick status check the LEDs work nicely, for some reason they are easier to see than other cameras without ever being annoyingly bright.

Interested to know what left hand drive vehicle owners think of it, seems slightly better designed for mounting behind the mirror in right hand drive vehicles...

This is the first cam I've had where the app worked completely as I just got a newer phone and the old one couldn't handle cam apps due to it's age. I'm not very good with such things but I find it easy to navigate and use. As long as it's working a screen is redundant.

Phil

Personal preference, but I have always liked having an LCD, because I can check if the camera is actually recording. Without an LCD, you're reliant upon the blinking or solid red record light.

Still looks like a very solid camera that I would love to test.

Someone Co
This is the first cam I've had where the app worked completely as I just got a newer phone and the old one couldn't handle cam apps due to it's age. I'm not very good with such things but I find it easy to navigate and use. As long as it's working a screen is redundant.

Phil

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is a 3 Channel + 3 Camera Setup. Where the Zenfox had the interior camera integrated, this unit has an individual camera. 1 For interior. 1 For rear. 1 For Front.

How do people like this setup?

I don't have one on hand but I think I would probably find that form factor a bit more flexible for betterplacement of frontandinterior units. The Zenfox has more limitations and the size of it makes it less stealthy.

Someone Co

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is a 3 Channel + 3 Camera Setup. Where the Zenfox had the interior camera integrated, this unit has an individual camera. 1 For interior. 1 For rear. 1 For Front.

How do people like this setup?

3 individual cameras, yes.

Viofo pretty much nailed 3 channels i think, not everything is peachy of course, but still highly usable design and very decent first swing at it.

It is OK to share more info on the DCT now, we'd like to hear early users' feedback.

Back