New Viofo A139 !

Hope it can support 512gb or more because three channels.Is the resolution of the three channels set separately? Thanks

All files are in the same folder, marked with suffix F, I, and R, for front, interior, and rear.

Hope it can support 512gb or more because three channels.Is the resolution of the three channels set separately? Thanks
If you want to save space then it is best to turn down the quality (bitrate) and leave the resolution at the native sensor resolution. On this camera the "Normal" bitrate setting does a pretty good job, there is no need to use High or Maximum for normal use, they do look a little better and definitely have better colour detail, but in most situations you don't seem to lose important details by using "Normal".

In the "Normal" quality setting, 3 minutes from all 3 channels is a little less than 1GB, so your 512GB card should store 512*3 = 1536 minutes = 25 hours = 1 day.

While parked, there is a low bitrate parking mode which will give continuous recording for about 3x the duration of "Normal" with good detail as long as most of the image is static most of the time.

Don't know if larger cards work.

Yeah. larger than 256Gb cards do cost, i generally focus on compatibility in regard to brand name and model of memory card, CUZ this i can do with smaller and cheaper memory cards.
Buying a 512 GB card just for testing ( i feel 256 GB are fine for 2-3 channel cameras ) is expensive on a Danish pension.
Buying a lot of different cards in 64 or 128 GB are not so bad as long as you dont need to have one of each card out there, and i just focus on the most relevant memory cards so only have 10 or so different ones to test with.
I am also slowly turning my memory card focus towards memory cards that have a warranty when used in dashcams, this is the kind of memory cards i recommend people to use.

I assume factoring in the hardware that are used, 512 GB support should be there or possible at least.

i feel 256 GB are fine for 2-3 channel cameras
If you stick to normal mode then a 64GB card should hold 3 hours, which should be plenty as long as you have a spare 64GB card so that if something really important is recorded while on a long journey, you can swap cards to keep it safe. You could also download it to your phone, that might even be safer.

Longer is nice, and higher quality is nice, and I don't think there is any need to use 64GB cards when 128GB cards are so cheap now and probably have twice the lifespan, but a 64GB card is fine as a backup card and I think for most people 128GB should be fine as a main card.

Of course a backup card is useless when your employer has installed the physical card lock, so for professional use a 512GB card might be highly desirable, it needs to hold a full day!

Last edited:
I am happy with 6 - 8 hours on the memory card, with my kind of driving that is several days of driving even on a 128 GB card and 2 channels, and if i was " normal" then i would drive 70 - 80 minutes a day to and from work.
But not normal as i am my average daily driving are just 15 minutes or so.

I will also err on the side of overkill when it come to memory card size,,,,,, that too. :)

Parking guard is not something i need, so the 1 hour on low bitrate i use / would use, is also fine on a 128 Gb card and 2 channels, but i am turning towards 256Gb cards on my main systems none the less.
And if i feel rich on the day a 256GB card is also what i would buy even if it just go into my test suite of cards. ( so far i have two 256 GB cards for testing )

On the sample gift box of Viofo A139 is printed that it supports up to 521GB.

enjoy,
Mtz

The firmware is from 14 september. Viofo is working now on Viofo A119 V3 and A129+ firmwares updating the Sony CMOS driver so the A139 firmware is a little delayed. My early sample test is working very well in 1CH mode from one month, nothing to complain.
Here are some sample pictures for Viofo A139 Duo, as you can see the CPL is coming as default.

View attachment 53568View attachment 53569View attachment 53570View attachment 53571

enjoy,
Mtz
Looks very nice, 3CH its a good idea
only for me its looks like an old video device? LOL

A comparison of latest 4 Viofo dashcams: A139, A129 Plus, A129 Pro, A119 V3.

enjoy,
Mtz
very nice!
thank you!

why the night footage only available only in 1080P?

only for me its look like an old video device? LOL
I don't see any resemblance!
2400woman2.jpg

It takes YouTube some time to go to the high res- check it again now, I'm seeing 2160p available.

Definitely all 4 are winners here.

Phil
you right

and I only hate the night footage of the A129 PRO
so much glare

for this reason I prefer to take an A129 PLUS to my car
do the best job at day and at night

of course, the A119 V3 do a better job at night but didn't have Wifi and app

A comparison of latest 4 Viofo dashcams: A139, A129 Plus, A129 Pro, A119 V3.

enjoy,
Mtz
I noticed the a129 pro has the most motion blur in the daytime comparison. Very noticeable if you freeze the frame when you look at the incoming traffic right at the edge of the screen.

I noticed the a129 pro has the most motion blur in the daytime comparison. Very noticeable if you freeze the frame when you look at the incoming traffic right at the edge of the screen.
yea i see this blur
this why i prefer A129 PLUS instead the PRO

I noticed the a129 pro has the most motion blur in the daytime comparison.
Need to read things while they are further away, that reduces the motion blur, and with the higher resolution is possible. Sometimes it then wins, other times it doesn't.

Yes. preferably the target ( plate ) should be at less than a 45 deg angle, i find that recording in 30 FPS ( daytime ) i have about 4-5 frames where the chance are most golden.
But i also have my "zoom" camera, that way out ahead where no dashcam can read a plate, well it actually give me more chances of a plate capture +10 frames at least.

Need to read things while they are further away, that reduces the motion blur, and with the higher resolution is possible. Sometimes it then wins, other times it doesn't.
got you
Yes. preferably the target ( plate ) should be at less than a 45 deg angle, i find that recording in 30 FPS ( daytime ) i have about 4-5 frames where the chance are most golden.
But i also have my "zoom" camera, that way out ahead where no dashcam can read a plate, well it actually give me more chances of a plate capture +10 frames at least.
I am lucky that in my country the license plate is yellow
and no white or something, that's more readable even at night with the license plate light that can dazzle the camera and make the license plate not readable so much

so 30FPS is better than 60FPS?

Just got my test-cam installed an hour before sundown today, but didn't run the rear cam yet, nor have I looked at the few vids it got. I knew my old cam wiring was a mess, but it was worse than I remembered. I pulled out 3 unused USB-type cables, 3 unused PS's with their cables, the front parts of my K2S, and there's still a USB cable I need to get out but I couldn't see what it was stuck on so I left it for later. 2 hours to do one partial cam install, man am I slipping or what? :ROFLMAO:

Phil

Just got my test-cam installed an hour before sundown today, but didn't run the rear cam yet, nor have I looked at the few vids it got. I knew my old cam wiring was a mess, but it was worse than I remembered. I pulled out 3 unused USB-type cables, 3 unused PS's with their cables, the front parts of my K2S, and there's still a USB cable I need to get out but I couldn't see what it was stuck on so I left it for later. 2 hours to do one partial cam install, man am I slipping or what? :ROFLMAO:

Phil
Its annoying to hide all the cables and stuff
But its not a hard task to install it

Back