New Viofo A139 !

I think the A139 have a active IR filter like CCTV cameras, but i have to admit i have not heard it engage / disengage, but it might be the quiet kind and not the actuated kind that you can hear "slam" open or close.
But on the B2W that filter are easy to hear when it engage / disengage.
If viofo have chosen a quiet active IR filter, it is only good, a few have questioned the B2W loud filter.

I think the A139 have a active IR filter like CCTV cameras, but i have to admit i have not heard it engage / disengage, but it might be the quiet kind and not the actuated kind that you can hear "slam" open or close.
But on the B2W that filter are easy to hear when it engage / disengage.
If viofo have chosen a quiet active IR filter, it is only good, a few have questioned the B2W loud filter.
If your car windows have IR cut then you need to open the windows before you can see if there is an IR filter in the camera!

PA250090.JPG
A139 with it's interior cam above. B2W to the right and a new pencil for size comparison

Phil

Last edited:
The camera is still in pre-production and is officially unreleased - hence there is a reluctance from those of us that have it to reveal too much until Viofo say to do so.

The A139 is still under wraps. Unfortunately the first video was found by one of the keen eyed members here, and that's how this thread started - and started before Viofo wanted it to be, but hey-ho, the early video went public

Hopefully, @HonestReview, as you're asking them for one, they may send a unit out to you for a hands-on inspection.
you are not the one who decided !it up to Viofo ,you got your simple unite ,now you need make your reviews .

A139 with it's interior cam above. B2W to the right and a new pencil for size comparison

Phil

Thanks. Good way to promote perspective.

I hope Bill Zhou gets more sample units. Totally disappointed I missed out here. I had a very busy / rough past 2 months. So I missed the boat.

Probably sacrilegious question but does somebody know (tried) if it's possible to replace IR unit for normal one and vice versa? :devilish: :unsure: I'm in the process of choosing a camera for my new car again but this one i need to be covered better than just front/rear.

Do we have here a yolo guy who can try to swap cables for me..? :ROFLMAO:

I tried swapping the 2 cams, and yes, they both continued to work perfectly.

Paul.

Didn't actually look - but they both recorded, though I swapped them over as soon as I had checked. I have them set to "On" regardless.

Probably sacrilegious question but does somebody know (tried) if it's possible to replace IR unit for normal one and vice versa? :devilish: :unsure: I'm in the process of choosing a camera for my new car again but this one i need to be covered better than just front/rear.

Do we have here a yolo guy who can try to swap cables for me..? :ROFLMAO:
Yes, you can replace the IR camera with normal one, the rear cam and interior camera will be sold separately also, and different long cables.

What the length of the cable for the interior camera?Can the interior camera be installed on the back of the car?Thanks.

Just one thing I have noticed is that in maybe 2 occasions the GPS started a short while later than the cam - though I know this is being looked at by Viofo.

Worked correctly every other time though.

What the length of the cable for the interior camera?Can the interior camera be installed on the back of the car?Thanks.
You can use a rear 6m cable for the interior camera, but would have to buy it as an accessory if you wanted 2x 6m cables.

Just one thing I have noticed is that in maybe 2 occasions the GPS started a short while later than the cam - though I know this is being looked at by Viofo.

Worked correctly every other time though.

Mine did not work for one drive session once, but I think that could have been EMI from the B2W and interior cam being so close. Since that one occasion it has been reliable getting a "cold lock" in a minute or less and a "warm lock" in seconds. That's better performance than I've gotten from my other 2 GPS-equipped cams :) Now that I'm using parking mode I should see a "cold lock" only in the mornings as the low-voltage cut-off shuts the cam down somewhere in the night. Finally able to devote enough time to the cam so I'll be keeping a better eye on things now ;)

Motion detect seems to be very sensitive even on 'low' based on one afternoon in the shared parking where I live, and there may be another nice surprise with it which I'm checking on now. So far so good here, with nothing else not being as it should be (y)

Phil

Yesterday i noticed just 1 LED on after setting off ( normally i see 2 red at once and then the GPS blue led flashing until it get a fix )
But then seconds later ( this was a warm boot ) the red ( REC i think ) and blue GPS LED kicked in steady ( i have not looked over the recording yet.
I dont have any cameras near the A139 it is alone on the far L side, barely touching the frit area on my windscreen ( about a foot wide frit )

Going for a longer drive tomorrow, taking pet to vet, visit mom and then back to pet owner and go get pet again, and then get fed a big pile of smoking warm DYI lasagna, and then home and see what the internet have kicked up in the around 12 hours i have been away from it ( getting up at 5:30 tomorrow )

Will take a look at A139 footage after that.

Finally got my A139 and with new USB C hardwire kit...

d81bd6cb339d24c861883ff051b2fb2a.jpg
b4957d3dc903d2ebc91e499df63e705f.jpg
76a0ecf1189e9cd60f07724b37c191f8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

I have sold my old HK3 when I returned my A129 Duo, but obviously because the A139 is USB C it would be no good anyway.

I assume Viofo are just sending out samples of the new HardWire Kit? I can't see any for sale?

I am wondering - What is the wire spec of the USB C side of the kit? Eg. AWG and thickness? It seems quite thick for a USB C cable but that might be a trick of the camera.

I don't k now the wire gauge size, but it is bigger outside than the cables with all my other PS's.

Phil

Back