New Viofo A139 !

Well crud- I'm still on older FW :( And short on time too, but looking at a couple files where problems might be expected show none :)

Unless there's a solid reason for it, I'd rather not see the GPS "drop" at any point unless the signal is lost. Even when stationary the coordinates could be useful and nothing is gained by not having them show. No preference on what to do when the signal is lost.

Phil

Surely the issue is with the new fw not always showing the coordinates rather than everybody on that fw losing gps constantly. On mine the speed always works and the coordinates never show and this has only changed since the update.

VIOFO, are you planning to choose the language of the voice message?

I'm on FW V1.0_1028 still, and GPS is reliable, however I'm seeing only speed and not coordinates when viewing files- I do have both selected in the app.

So it seems that if those with newer FW are having GPS dropout issues it is probably a FW bug. I've requested newest FW and will add another post here when I've got more news. I have a copy of FW1028 if anyone beta-testing needs it.

Phil

No drop outs here, but i must admit the A139 are the slowest camera to connect here, the DR connect when i am 100 M from home ( in spite of a GPS antenna mounted upside down ) the K2S follow suit but most often i get a few 100 M from home before it say GPS connected.
The A139 i can get 4-500 M from home before it connect, and even hot boots some times take a while.
But when it is locked in i see no drop of satellites during town driving or wooded area though that is much easier this time of the year with no leaves on the trees.

For some reason mine isn't loading the new FW :( Multiple tries, reset cam defaults, checked everything, tested card, verified file is on card, tried 2 tested good cards, used the file link Viofo sent as well as the one he sent to another tester which upgraded theirs to 1113. But still no joy after an hour of trying- any advice welcome :)

Phil

For some reason mine isn't loading the new FW :( Multiple tries, reset cam defaults, checked everything, tested card, verified file is on card, tried 2 tested good cards, used the file link Viofo sent as well as the one he sent to another tester which upgraded theirs to 1113. But still no joy after an hour of trying- any advice welcome :)

Phil
If you have one, use a newly formatted 32GB or less memory card, just to exclude some possible issues.
Check that the file you put on the card has the correct file name, must end in ".bin", not ".zip", and must not be "???? Copy 1.bin".
If there is still no progress, contact Viofo and ask if a new loader is needed. I don't think this can be your problem, but this issue has caused problems in the past.

There will be a good reason it is not working, just need to work out what it is...

I flashed with my old 16Gb SDHC memory card, i cant even remember when i used a actual recording card for firmware upgrade.

Last i DLed one, there was already a A139.bin in my download directory so the new one was of course named A139(1).bin by my computer, and that will not flash before you remove the (1)

No drop outs here, but i must admit the A139 are the slowest camera to connect here, the DR connect when i am 100 M from home ( in spite of a GPS antenna mounted upside down ) the K2S follow suit but most often i get a few 100 M from home before it say GPS connected.
The A139 i can get 4-500 M from home before it connect, and even hot boots some times take a while.
But when it is locked in i see no drop of satellites during town driving or wooded area though that is much easier this time of the year with no leaves on the trees.

My GPS light goes solid almost immediately, when it boots up I get REC light, then MIC light, then 1/2 second later the GPS light goes solid (not even flashing!)

My GPS light goes solid almost immediately, when it boots up I get REC light, then MIC light, then 1/2 second later the GPS light goes solid (not even flashing!)
You may have updated hardware compared to the rest of us...

If you have one, use a newly formatted 32GB or less memory card, just to exclude some possible issues.
Check that the file you put on the card has the correct file name, must end in ".bin", not ".zip", and must not be "???? Copy 1.bin".
If there is still no progress, contact Viofo and ask if a new loader is needed. I don't think this can be your problem, but this issue has caused problems in the past.

There will be a good reason it is not working, just need to work out what it is...
I've reported it. Good 32GB card, fresh form a full overwrite with SD formatter and tried a known good 64GB card too. file is .bin with no suffix and seems to load intact and complete. Tried all possibilities here so just waiting on a reply. Probably do need a bootloader file but can't understand why as the previous FW update loaded properly.

Phil

Probably do need a bootloader file but can't understand why as the previous FW update loaded properly.
What is the file called?

If it has the name that Kamkar has just given, try renaming it to: "FWA139A.bin".

It is FWA139A.bin

Haven't tried reloading the "1028" FW that it is on but that's about it- tried everything else. Gotta need a bootloader.

Phil

Thanks Valeri, but I'm still stuck. Here's what is on the card:Screenshot (7).png

It blinks as if it's loading the FW, starts recording properly, and does everything expected. Restarting the cam doesn't help even after resetting to defaults or not.

Phil

There shouldn't be a DCIM folder. The 2 red files should be the only ones on the card.

Paul.

Your card is not in that format, take 4-16 GB and format F32.
The System Volume Information file should not be present. so only in NTFS, exFAT

I'm using a freshly formatted Samsung EVO Select 32GB card tested good last night with SD formatter and with h2testw the day before. Card should FAT32 as I have it. It is the same card done the same way as when I updated the FW here before with the GPS fix. Which is why I can't understand it not working now.

The DCIM folder which was here earlier was because I took the screenshot after trying the cam. I just went through it again and there was only the system volume and the two red files. Should the system volume info file be deleted before I move the FW and loader files to the card:?

Phil

ADDING: Just used sdformatter again; card is FAT32 and the system volume info file is still on the otherwise empty card.

I think so. I only ever have the actual FW on the card in the root directory

Back