New Viofo A139 !

It's about who's getting the ad dollars. Now FB controls what people see and think, the ad dollars go there. The news media is just another link in a long feed of noise.

Any issues on cars with the stop/start function ie when you pull up to say at a red light and your engine stops, does the camera go off untill the engines re starts? had this issue with the A129 duo pro not having enough power to run while engine was in the stop/start mode. unlike the none pro A129 duo version the stop/start function did not effect that camera just the pro version.

Generally for this to work in such cars you need a special gadget,,,,,, which i cant remember what is called and where i read about them in here.
But i do think it was @SawMaster that mentioned it.

Generally for this to work in such cars you need a special gadget,,,,,, which i cant remember what is called and where i read about them in here.
But i do think it was @SawMaster that mentioned it.
That’s an interesting point then, I assume the camera is seeing the voltage on the acc drop from the cars charging voltage down to battery voltage while the engine is stopped.
I have stop start disabled on mine anyway but maybe I will turn it on as a test when I’ve hardwired the A139.

I do not have a car like that, but i have plans for acquiring the HW kit and external microphone for my A139

I think dashcam makers be wise to account for stop/start in their hard wire kits

Do you know more about this issue as I’m intrigued?
Is it that the hardwire kits cut the camera when the voltage drops from charging voltage back to battery voltage (~12.5V) or is it because the ignition feeds are often interrupted during starting of the engine?
I assumed the hardwire kits just look for a 12v feed on the acc rather than a charging voltage.
I will do some tests with mine when I get chance.

Do you know more about this issue as I’m intrigued?
Is it that the hardwire kits cut the camera when the voltage drops from charging voltage back to battery voltage (~12.5V) or is it because the ignition feeds are often interrupted during starting of the engine?
I assumed the hardwire kits just look for a 12v feed on the acc rather than a charging voltage.
I will do some tests with mine when I get chance.
that module is for cars with stop/start issues, in most cars if it's wired correctly it still works fine with stop/start, there are some exceptions though where something like this is needed

You would think my brain would store a name like latching phantom,,,,,, but no.

that module is for cars with stop/start issues, in most cars if it's wired correctly it still works fine with stop/start, there are some exceptions though where something like this is needed
Oh ok, thanks for that. Will probably behave ok on mine anyway then I would assume although my stop/start is set to default to off anyway. The car still has intelligent alternator control although I think it will still be ok.

Any idea whats the largest Micro SD card this camera takes please. just got one arrived today still sat in its box, not had time to install as yet.

I have not had a 256 GB card in mine yet, but i assume it can handle them.
When i can get my damn piggy bank tallied i will order a 256GB Adata High endurance card ( A2 - V30 - 80 / 100 MB/s ) as i am not sure the slower A1 cards i have are fast enough.
This is a card that have warranty when used in dashcams, which are the kind of memory cards i focus on, it is also one of the cheaper 256 cards here with warranty for dashcam use.
614.png

I have not had a 256 GB card in mine yet, but i assume it can handle them.
When i can get my damn piggy bank tallied i will order a 256GB Adata High endurance card ( A2 - V30 - 80 / 100 MB/s ) as i am not sure the slower A1 cards i have are fast enough.
This is a card that have warranty when used in dashcams, which are the kind of memory cards i focus on, it is also one of the cheaper 256 cards here with warranty for dashcam use.
WD Purple 256GB (WDD256G1P0A) works without issues. ;) But 256GB is in the specs so I'd be more interested in the larger ones.

Nice.
I have a 256GB purple card, the Adata one are just to expand on my collection of test cards.

256GB Sandisk Extreme is working fine (red/brown card)

It supports up to 512GB I think

Based on my experience, I would recommend steering clear of VIOFO .

Based on my experience, I would recommend steering clear of VIOFO .
Anything specific to support your opinion? And I'm asking that as an owner of two 129Pro units which weren't what i would expected in case of problems-free dashcam, yes. And two A139 which for now look quite promising (despite few "minor" issues).

I noticed you are not pleased with the old A129 Duo, is that so? I have to admit that Viofo lack a bit in term of firmware updates these days, even for newer cameras.
But part of the problem is probably Covid and Chinese new year.

Back