New X500 Install: Keeps Going into Parking Mode

Paul Kaliciak

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I think I have everything hard-wired correctly, but whether the car is turned off or running, when I turn the device on it stars in Continuous mode, then after about 15 secs goes into Parking Mode. I thought maybe I had the wires crossed in the fuse box, but if that was the case the Accessory line would be getting power all the time, and the X500 would think the car was running.

Anyone ever found this happening with any hardwire install of a Thinkcam?

By turning the ignition on it should power up the dashcam automatically you shouldn't need to manually turn it on. It sounds like the ignition supply isn't correct. There is a picture of the Power plug in this thread https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/thinkware-f770-review-by-sir-loin.19878/page-4 if you have a digital meter you could check it's correct. (A paper clip is ideal to pop up the centre pin to touch to your meter)

Thanks for leading in me in the right direction. I had hooked the Acc+ up to the heated mirror fuse, thinking that that would have power once the car turned on, but in retrospect of course the circuit doesn't open until the heated mirror is actually running. I switched to the Audio fuse instead and now, as you said, the unit turns on by itself, and goes into parking mode when I shut off the car.

Thanks for leading in me in the right direction. I had hooked the Acc+ up to the heated mirror fuse, thinking that that would have power once the car turned on, but in retrospect of course the circuit doesn't open until the heated mirror is actually running. I switched to the Audio fuse instead and now, as you said, the unit turns on by itself, and goes into parking mode when I shut off the car.

Curious what car this was in!

Flip the yellow and red

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Back