New Yi 4k+ firmware release coming in a few weeks per email

Leo_SF

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am a bit disappointed they don't plan to activate 265 codec....

Also I don't understand why car mode is such a big deal.....it's super easy to incorporate....many cheap cameras do it with no problem...E7 and T5e have decent carmodes as an example.

I am really hoping YI 4k+ steps up its game...

(YI)
Jun 14, 01:58 PDT
Hi _____,

Thanks for your feedback. Please check to see our response to your question as below:

What about 265 codec? -- no direct plan

Are there any more firmware upgrades for Yi 4k+? will come out a new firmware in the next 2 or 3 weeks

Will car-mode be included? not sure for now.
Regards,
YI Technical Support

ME
May 20, 14:30 PDT
Hello,

Are there any more firmware upgrades for Yi 4k+?

Will car-mode be included?

What about 265 codec?

Thank you in advance.

I bought the full bundle(yi 4k+, gimbal, selfie stick, case) and I am hoping the camera is further improved with future firmware updates.

Thank you in advance

Leo

The notes only said Japanese was added in the latest update.

You are correct. After months of waiting, they added an extra language support.

Their firmware support is making my future buying purchases super easy. If they don't care about their customers then I rather spend my money elsewhere. I honestly think ThiEye E7 is an overall better camera. Having paid 85$(E7 80+5) with remote versus discounted 210$ Yi 4k+ on Amazon, I can honestly say that unlike GoPro Hero 6 you do not get much additional value for the 240% price difference. Live and learn.

Gp 5 hero owners were buying cheap; ( as opposed to 20$ OEM batteries sold by Gopro ) so Gopro wrote fw 1.55 and the installed "friend or foe" software kept the camera from turning on! Non of the action cam makers are responsible to buyers!
Sony sells the fdr-x 1000-3000 cams claiming 60m. depth waterproof ability but in BOLD print in the owner's manuals say that water damage is not covered by the warranty!!

Well your WP housing can be just fine and dandy, but if used wrong then it will suffer or maybe even fail, it just take a hair in the wrong place and suddenly you are screwed.

I am pretty sure anyone that make WP housings have that disclaimer, even if it is a 2000 USD housing for a 100.000 USD RED camera.

Well your WP housing can be just fine and dandy, but if used wrong then it will suffer or maybe even fail, it just take a hair in the wrong place and suddenly you are screwed.

I am pretty sure anyone that make WP housings have that disclaimer, even if it is a 2000 USD housing for a 100.000 USD RED camera.
If you sell me an underwater camera good to whatever depth , and then say buzz off when water destroys the electronics and I try to make a claim you should be sued!
I used an Intova action cam with 200 feet warranty and have seen in scubaboard.com forum that they replaced cams that failed because of water intrusion, and, btw,it will take more than a hair!

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct. After months of waiting, they added an extra language support.

Their firmware support is making my future buying purchases super easy. If they don't care about their customers then I rather spend my money elsewhere. I honestly think ThiEye E7 is an overall better camera. Having paid 85$(E7 80+5) with remote versus discounted 210$ Yi 4k+ on Amazon, I can honestly say that unlike GoPro Hero 6 you do not get much additional value for the 240% price difference. Live and learn.
Hello, Leo, are you having any uncommanded switching to "burst " photo and shooting stills while "voice "is on? Yi warehouse replaced my Yi 4k+, but I still have the "mind of its own" aforementioned problem!
I would be Leary of Thieye : First their cams are made by Sunco, and their firmware code writing or update mechanisms are crap! The forum for Thieye here gives ample evidence of such buyers' difficulties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually yes, I had that happen multiple times. It was quite annoying. I ended up turning off the voice control.

Thanks for reaching out to us. In this case, we would like to confirm that YI 4K plus camera doesn't output the HDMI for now.
Regards,
Adam Ding
YI Technical Support

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I YI 4K+ Action Camera 119
Back