Newbie F800 Pro Questions??

Meanster1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

Newbie here, hope you are all well.
I am based in the UK and have had the F800Pro for a couple of days.
All works well, speed camera detection is great although pics up some random ones when on the motorway passing alongside a town.
But I can live with that.
The front cameras clarity seem decent enough in the daytime, I can download a clip pause and zoom in or screen shot a vehicle to read the number plate.
The rear I thought would pick out Mobile phone users at traffic lights etc but really doesn’t. Disappointing.
Different story at night. Lots of glare. Street lamps and car lights suffer from diffraction, starry blurry, number plates cannot be read,even when zoomed in from my tablet, picture looks grainy,
Anyone else have these issues any settings I should be using to help with this?
Lots of dash reflection etc too.
Any help and advice would be greatly received.

A polarizing filter will help with daytime/dash glare.

Sadly, glare at night seems to be a common theme with all dash cams at this current point in time. Hopefully in the future, sensors will be available with much better performance at night.

Remember, 99.9% of the time, a dash cam is simply to show the insurance company/authorities who was or was not at fault.

Enjoy your new dash cam!

Last edited:
I've picked up cell phone diddlers in the rear cam although zooming is often needed. I'll second the polarized lens, a must have. A flagship camera should come with one.

Back