Newbie first appearance

Bill604

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
GT65EX, SG9665GC V3
Just received the GT65EX. 2nd Dash Cam. Also have the SG9665GC V3. Pretty much identical dash cams, except for the logo. Had first test run. No problems sofar. Will report anything of interest that comes up.

GT65EX is the same as the V3 except we updated the lens assembly and improved the cig power supply

Not a new observation, I am sure: I don't like that there is no continuous audible warning (beep), when no recording takes place. Had this issue today.
Forgot to put the sd card back and was driving all day with the camera acting normally but no recording. Wonder if this could be done by a firmware change? To me, this is a "must have" for any serious dash cam.

Yes this is a major flaw with cameras build on older chipsets, newer cameras should have some form of alarm if something go wrong or no memory card are inserted.
I have done the same a great many times over the past years, but have been cool as most times i have had more than 1 camera on the windscreen.
But Yeah, when this happen and weather you know it or not, i can imagine its like a addict with withdrawal symptoms, many of in here now feel uncomfortable in a car with no camera in it.

Not a new observation, I am sure: I don't like that there is no continuous audible warning (beep), when no recording takes place. Had this issue today.
Forgot to put the sd card back and was driving all day with the camera acting normally but no recording. Wonder if this could be done by a firmware change? To me, this is a "must have" for any serious dash cam.

audible alerts are not supported on this chipset, our newer products have this already

Yes this is a major flaw with cameras build on older chipsets, newer cameras should have some form of alarm if something go wrong or no memory card are inserted.
I have done the same a great many times over the past years, but have been cool as most times i have had more than 1 camera on the windscreen.
But Yeah, when this happen and weather you know it or not, i can imagine its like a addict with withdrawal symptoms, many of in here now feel uncomfortable in a car with no camera in it.

Hope, I never get to be an addict of anything (including dash cams LOL) but yes, it is a bit unsettling to think that when you need the dash cam the most, it may not be recording!

The feeling at least for me personally is the same like when a person you considered a friend really let you down, but i am very sensitive to trust issues, probably also one reason why i am the age of 52 are still single.
And its not only persons, companies - governments can all give me the same sinking feeling, and they dont even have to try hard it seem.

SG9663DC, SGGCX2PRO and some other models that are coming

Greetings! Newbie Bill reporting for duty! :) My GT65EX working fine sofar! Now have the SG9665GC V3 in the back and the GT in the front. Hope you don't mind me addressing once more the audible alarms for the 3 models you mentioned above: is the alarm continuous (until the issue is resolved or manually stopped? Or is it only for a moment and then disappears? Back to my dash cams: what does the AE setting "low cut" mean? Main focus on the lower portion of the lens? Also, looking at the AV out mini-coaxial cable: not sure what external monitor could be used with this cable. I don't have anything fitting this type of coaxial av cable. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

I am not sure but let me tag the boss as i am sure he know this.

Over to you @jokiin
Regarding the TV out, yes it is uncommon to see these little plugs, but its all that you can fit in a little camera, so you will need a AV plug with the little jack plug in one and and the RCA or BNC your screen use.
All little LCD screens i have played with only support the RCA plugs, but today i assume you can also get little LCD screens that support HDMI like a regular TV use ( or probably mini or micro HDMI plugs )

Going in between the different plugs you can go with adapter plugs ( i have a few RCA to BNC adapter plugs ) but you can also get AV cables with just about any kind of plug in either end.

The AE metering low cut mean the camera will disregard the light information from the very bottom of the image, this is useful if you have a white car as that can otherwise make the camera automatics choose to use a less favorable ISO and or exposure timing.

I am not sure but let me tag the boss as i am sure he know this.

Over to you @jokiin
Regarding the TV out, yes it is uncommon to see these little plugs, but its all that you can fit in a little camera, so you will need a AV plug with the little jack plug in one and and the RCA or BNC your screen use.
All little LCD screens i have played with only support the RCA plugs, but today i assume you can also get little LCD screens that support HDMI like a regular TV use ( or probably mini or micro HDMI plugs )

Going in between the different plugs you can go with adapter plugs ( i have a few RCA to BNC adapter plugs ) but you can also get AV cables with just about any kind of plug in either end.

The AE metering low cut mean the camera will disregard the light information from the very bottom of the image, this is useful if you have a white car as that can otherwise make the camera automatics choose to use a less favorable ISO and or exposure timing.
Thanks! That is good news because my little car is, you guessed it, white! I have been using this setting and it seems to work quite well! As to the AV plugs, I fully understand the need for the smallest plug possible. So, I will have to find an adapter to connect to whatever monitor I chose to use. Thanks, kamkar1, great information and much appreciated!

the audible alarms will beep at you until you do something about it
Thank you. Good news! I may be upgrading from the GT to the X2PRO (timing is subject to my budget!)

As long as you keep a eye on the memory card in the GT you should be good, mine have been going like a Swiss clock since i got it.

As long as you keep a eye on the memory card in the GT you should be good, mine have been going like a Swiss clock since i got it.
Good advice! I bought the Samsung PRO Endurance 64GB. Supposed to come with 3 years warranty. Time will tell! First snow fall today!!! Harder to find my car now! Have a great week-end!

We Danes will probably not get any snow this winter, or if we do maybe 3-4 inches in total over the winter, though we are as far north on the globe as Canada ( well the southern parts of it at least )
Seem like global warming killed the winters i remember from my childhood.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
kamkar GT65EX 20