Reaction score
Country
United States
geat site, almost to much info :)
what I am looking for

1. budget $150 ish
2. bigger angle
3. size not a dealbreaker
4. able to swing to driver door if need be (cop stop|)
5. separate from car rear view
6. GPS would be nice
7. want a screen

was looking at this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00IM9O5JSam I on the right track ?

thanks for any help

Last edited:
Might I hi-jack this post please and ask the same question but within the following framework: -

Budget £225 max
Good quality day/night vision
No Screen required
Wide angle lens
Reliable and well made
Good reviews + appropriate track record
12 Month warranty
UK supplier preferred
GPS - nice but not essential
Size - I am not looking for a 'tiny cam' or a 'house brick' but something that will fit behind the RVM (Mercedes E Class) and be reasonably unobtrusive.

Thanks in anticipation

I would second what jokiin suggested.
Honestly open your budget up just a little more and get a good solid well built camera from a great retailer like RoadCam.
It might seem like a stretch now, but speaking first hand as someone who went through cheaper cameras first and ended up with something nice after swamping through cheaper end stuff it really is worth it.

Last edited by a moderator:
despite mixed reviews complaints and a pain of sometime the wrong model

i highly recommend I1000 F70 DVR Dash cam i have been using a month or so

its goo for what i need accident proof for my lawyers proof helping cops breakdowns all that of what happened to me

only real downfalls i have are the 2 inch or so monitor is crap cant aim worth a crap with it i have to aim readjust when i watch footage on the pc

and the lcd look dead at night misleading put on your pc what was pitch black is now clear visible not perfect but good pic

then last the bloody lights my car looks like a Christmas tree my dash strobe power switches light up then the cam lights bad enough you can almost read by

trying to find a way to darken but not black out you still need to see rec power charge are working

other that that good camera mine was on sale $50 us for front and rear

Panorama II (and now S) was voted Best All Around cam on here for good reasons. If you want a true set it and forget it quality product with low light & GPS capability, it has quite the solid track record so far.

How does the "Constant On" Power cable work? Does it need to be hardwired?

qwT3pRn.jpg

yes it's for hardwiring, only needed if you want to power your camera constantly to protect your battery from being discharged too far

yes it's for hardwiring, only needed if you want to power your camera constantly to protect your battery from being discharged too far

OR as an alternative to using the 12v accessory outlet. I have to do it this way, so that I can run my rear camera at the same time.

david

if it's an accessory feed though the discharge prevention is just an extra cost, it does nothing while the car is running

despite mixed reviews complaints and a pain of sometime the wrong model

i highly recommend I1000 F70 DVR Dash cam i have been using a month or so

its goo for what i need accident proof for my lawyers proof helping cops breakdowns all that of what happened to me

only real downfalls i have are the 2 inch or so monitor is crap cant aim worth a crap with it i have to aim readjust when i watch footage on the pc

and the lcd look dead at night misleading put on your pc what was pitch black is now clear visible not perfect but good pic

then last the bloody lights my car looks like a Christmas tree my dash strobe power switches light up then the cam lights bad enough you can almost read by

trying to find a way to darken but not black out you still need to see rec power charge are working

other that that good camera mine was on sale $50 us for front and rear
I got an i1000 from a secondary amazon reseller cheap. It was remanufactured, and just after warranty ended started eating up mSDHC cards, leaving them unreadable. Oh, I tried formatting them in the camera, I suspect the units battery/capacitor gave out and did not finish writing to file, somehow ruining mSDHC card. I do not recommend this one at all.

Back