Newbie Gitup1 questions

Manbir Sahota

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Bought myself a gitup1 and very impressed thus far.

Apologies if these questions have been posed here before, I’ve searched threads and can’t find the info I’m looking for. A few simple questions I hope….

I’m looking to record a 2-3 hour function.

- Can I hook the gitup to the mains and record? This way I won’t have to worry about battery running out.
- How much recording time should I expect of at 1080p? Just thinking of how many SD cards I might need.
- When I tried a microphone I was getting no sound recording, any idea why this might be?

Many thanks!

Bought myself a gitup1 and very impressed thus far.

Apologies if these questions have been posed here before, I’ve searched threads and can’t find the info I’m looking for. A few simple questions I hope….

I’m looking to record a 2-3 hour function.

- Can I hook the gitup to the mains and record? This way I won’t have to worry about battery running out.
- How much recording time should I expect of at 1080p? Just thinking of how many SD cards I might need.
- When I tried a microphone I was getting no sound recording, any idea why this might be?

Many thanks!
Welcome :)

Yes, any USB or phone charger should work, also you can use a USB powerbank if the mains is not convenient.
If it goes into "mass storage" (computer) mode then try a different cable designed for charging instead of a data cable.
The internal battery will only last about 2 hours.

On a 64GB card you should get about 8 hours of video.
It is a good idea to set into loop recording so that you don't run out of card space, although you can then loose the start.

If it was a PC microphone with an adaptor cable then probably the adaptor cable does not have the resistor that tells the camera a microphone is connected, there are a lot of adaptor cables about which don't have the resistor and so don't work with GitUp or GoPro cameras.

Also, you may need a firmware upgrade, the original firmware does not work well with mono PC microphones but that should be fixed in the latest - available on www.gitup.com .

Back