Newbie - help needed F210

Chiba

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi all,

New guy here. I thought for a while where to post this question, and this seems to be the best place.

I have a HP F210 that stopped working recently. Plugged in, the red light would be on, but the device itself wouldn't turn on.

I've tried it in different temperatures as I understand it does affect its functionality (it's plugged in at my office right now to see if it works.. sadly not). I remember seeing a troubleshoot table in one of the printed materials, but sadly I'm one of those guys who throw them away very shortly.

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong with it?

Thanks~

Have you checked HP ( dashcam ) website for a pdf user manual to chck a troubleshoot section ?

Thanks gents:

a) The user manual itself does not have a troubleshoot section. However I DO remember another document that came with the camera that has the troubleshoot section (I can't find my hardcopy)

b) No hard reset except press for 5 secs the power on button (didn't work). And it does not turn on without a memory card.

:(

Is it under warranty ?

Hi all,

New guy here. I thought for a while where to post this question, and this seems to be the best place.

I have a HP F210 that stopped working recently. Plugged in, the red light would be on, but the device itself wouldn't turn on.

I've tried it in different temperatures as I understand it does affect its functionality (it's plugged in at my office right now to see if it works.. sadly not). I remember seeing a troubleshoot table in one of the printed materials, but sadly I'm one of those guys who throw them away very shortly.

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong with it?

Thanks~

Have you tried to format your memory card on your computer ?

I haven't tried reformatting the memory card. But would that cause this problem?

And no, it's off warranty now.

I haven't tried reformatting the memory card. But would that cause this problem?

I think I've overlooked your camera is stone dead. :oops:

But many problems with those cameras is actually due to computer dies while writing on the memory card due to lack of power. The next time the camera is powered up and must see what is on memory card, the camera will die again.

When there is no life in the camera, it "smells" unfortunately of money leaving your pocket. :(

O.O

I don't see how there's a lack of power as the battery indicator is always full on the screen, when it worked.

Would it be the internal battery instead?

It seems like I need to do an autopsy on this camera :(

O.O

I don't see how there's a lack of power as the battery indicator is always full on the screen, when it worked.

Would it be the internal battery instead?

It seems like I need to do an autopsy on this camera :(

There are two connectors between the camera and your car's battery. If one of them fails and the camera does not really closes down it will drain the internal battery. Unfortunately it is not always cameras will properly shut down.

Battery indicator does not show the built-in battery's true voltage when there is an external supply on camera, but the voltage of the external power supply.

It does not have nothing to do with built-in battery. Maybe a bad 12 volts to 5 volts converter ?

Landbo, I think you're right.

I took apart the dashcam last night and everything seems to be in order. I thought the lipo battery may be dead but it looked perfectly fine.

Sigh. Time for a new one I guess.

Back