Newbie here saying hi and just brought first cam

Britmark

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys

Been lurking here for a while and after reading much advice on here I decided to press the button on my first cam.

I brought a Cowon AW1 wifi 16gb. So far its been ok with a little issue with wifi not turning on after updating the firmware to latest spec. The iphone/ipad app is excellent with almost no lag (comparing it to my gopro 3 black) and is great to help set up the car view and other settings.

The quality seems good but cant benchmark it against anything as I'm new to this so don't have much experience to say yet. Ive not got any complaints so far with picture quality if that helps any?

I am rather perplexed with how it works though. Have I got it right in that Im thinking it is always recording and once it fills up the micro sd then it just starts recording over old footage?

Another issue that I'm getting to grips with is the event settings. Seems every time I hit a bump or turn a corner, the cam goes into event mode, which means driving in a Land Rover (bumpy even on a smooth road) causes the cam to be in event mode most of the time! I think I can desensitise the settings on that though

Anyway keep up the good work on this great forum

Cheers

Back