Newbie looking for recommendation please

akakindz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I'm looking for a front dashcam that's no more than £100 and preferably less. I don't know much about them but would like one that plugs into the cigarette lighter and that has a good quality image with audio. Currently, I have been recommended a Nextbase and Viofo. It seems the Viofo comes out on top but I have read reviews saying it breaks after a few months of usage. Please can I get some help as to what the best option might be for me?
Thank you in advance :)

Hi @akakindz,

I purchased a Viofo A119 V3 in November 2019 and I'm very happy with the footage (day and night).

Make sure that you use good quality Micro SD cards though! I found the Samsung EVO Plus 128 GB microSDXC UHS-I U3 Memory Card with Adapter to be good and a reasonable price from Amazon UK. Running at 2560x1440P, 30FPS, I can get around 8 hours of recording time.

Regards,

but I have read reviews saying it breaks after a few months of usage.
Not a common issue, and far more likely the Nextbase will because they have issues with batteries overheating. Viofo don't use batteries.

Viofo A119 V3 is a good choice at that price.

Another vote for the V3. At this time I feel it is the best dashcam in it's price range. Of all the Viofo cams, this one seems to be the most reliable and trouble-free, and the vid quality is excellent for the hardware used. NextBase newest series of cams are apparently having many serious problems from what I see reported on the forums here, and those folks don't seem to be getting the help or support NB used to be so good with :(

Phil

Back