Newbie. Monkon G1W not protecting files

DashcamDPR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
A119 Pro, Mio Mivue 508 for the work van
Hi, New user UK based

I have a Monkon branded G1w (not a H or a B or a C or any other suffix), When I press the menu button to protect a file on the move, the Key icon appears on the screen as it should, to say it's saved the file as a protected file, yet when I view the memory card contents it isn't at all saved as a separate file and I have to manually search for it by remembering what time the incident happened!

Anyone else have this issue and is there a fix? I have no other issues with it

Would ya believe I've still not found the answer yet??

With the many different cams and firmwares for the G1W it's not surprising yours works this way. My cards are large enough to cover a whole day's normal driving for me so if I want to save something I just glance at the clock and remember the time, then view it at home on the PC. Simple and reliable, just the way I like it, and no machines have a chance to screw it up unless the cam doesn't record at all in which case either way would fail.

Phil

that's what I'm having to do, it's not a massive issue but having a working event save button is more convenient, I have 2 Mivue cams so I suppose I'm just used to being able to protect the files on one-touch

Well, I plugged this in in the house and had it recording, the one-touch event saving worked fine despite not working in the car initially... I then put it back in the car and suddenly its working as it should!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T G1WX 2
R G1WX 1
Back