Newbie question: A119 - GPS, Clock & GMT settings

Dennis Rome

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Voifo A119
Hello - just got a new Viofo A119 - a few questions.
1. Are the clock and GMT settings related to the GPS working correctly?
2. With daylight savings time change this coming weekend, does the GMT and clock setting need to be changed on the A119?
3. What is the latest version of the Firmware? I currently have v 2.0.
Thanks,
Dennis

yes you'll need to adjust the timezone setting to whatever is used in your region and adjust it whenever daylight saving starts and ends otherwise your time will always be out

yes you'll need to adjust the timezone setting to whatever is used in your region and adjust it whenever daylight saving starts and ends otherwise your time will always be out

Ok ... I have adjusted the time (ahead one hour), but am unsure if the GMT timezone setting ALSO needs to change? Currently my timezone is GMT -6 ... I am guessing that does NOT need to be changed for daylight savings time? Correct?

Today is the day we adjust our clocks for Daylight Savings. My A119GPS did NOT update the time automatically. Am I supposed to "trick" it by manually changing my Timezone ahead one hour? Or is the GPS supposed to detect and update the time automatically with Daylight Savings? Should I give it more time and wait? Thanks.

I have the same question ... so far I changed the time (1 hr. ahead) ... but did NOT change the GMT -6 Timezone setting. Wondering is this is the correct way to do it. Someone please inform us what is the right procedure :) Thanks.

if your camera connected to a GPS module - adjust the time zone (+1 hr, I think, to your time zone, so if you had -5 now change it to -4), have no GPS - adjust the time.

I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME - ROYAL PAIN - LOL .. ok, which way does the time zone need to change? I am normally at GMT -6 ... (I did the opposite - i have a GPS, and I adjusted the time but not the time zone setting - go figure - LOL). So, what I do set the TIME ZONE to for daylight savings time? (from the GMT -6 setting).

don't adjust the time, that option is there for people who don't use the GPS, once it picks up signal it will just adjust the time back again, all you need to do is adjust the timezone, if your normal timezone is -6 and you need to adjust your clock forward one hour then you would set the timezone forward to -5, when daylight savings ends put it back to -6

I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME - ROYAL PAIN - LOL .. ok, which way does the time zone need to change? I am normally at GMT -6 ... (I did the opposite - i have a GPS, and I adjusted the time but not the time zone setting - go figure - LOL). So, what I do set the TIME ZONE to for daylight savings time? (from the GMT -6 setting).

Just set GMT to - 5 and your local USA time will jump forward 1 hour.

Edit: @jokiin beat me to it.:) But yes, setting the Time Zone makes it very quick and easy to adjust for DLT.

Last edited:
I HATE DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME - ROYAL PAIN - LOL .. ok, which way does the time zone need to change? I am normally at GMT -6 ....
Yeah, it is a PITA - we should just stay on it year round (I like daylight later in the evening). ;)

It could be worse for you, I have 5 cameras to change. :( As to what to change for those of us in the - (minus) half of the world I remember the time zone change like I was in a race - 'spring' forward from 6th place to 5th, then later in the year I 'fall' back from 5th to 6th. Goofy I know but it works for me.

Yeah, it is a PITA - we should just stay on it year round (I like daylight later in the evening). ;)

It could be worse for you, I have 5 cameras to change. :( As to what to change for those of us in the - (minus) half of the world I remember the time zone change like I was in a race - 'spring' forward from 6th place to 5th, then later in the year I 'fall' back from 5th to 6th. Goofy I know but it works for me.

I agree with you as I'm no fan of DLT time either. I just got finished changing the time settings on 8 cameras! (7 Mobi and an SG). Although it is a PITA to reset dash cams, I find it to be a good opportunity to check on the camera's settings and functionality and reformat the memory cards, especially in the side and rear cams that I don't fool with too often unless I need the footage.

Last edited:
don't adjust the time, that option is there for people who don't use the GPS, once it picks up signal it will just adjust the time back again, all you need to do is adjust the timezone, if your normal timezone is -6 and you need to adjust your clock forward one hour then you would set the timezone forward to -5, when daylight savings ends put it back to -6
You guys are the best! - thank goodness someone figured this stuff out before ... thanks so very much to all who replied ... I just adjusted the Timezone to GMT-5 and the clock jumped to the right time within a minute or so (after the GPS locked on to a satellite or two). We are planning a trip out west this fall and I want it to record all those scenic roads we will be going on (in addition to 'monitoring' for accidents or crazy drivers). :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C A119 8
S A119 9
M A119 1
D A119 5
Newtsche A119 5
Back