Newbie Question - Configuring A119s Parking mode

bigbadw

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just received my first A119S Dashcam. I've read as many posts and watched YouTube configuration videos, so I'm starting to feel more comfortable with it.
I hardwired mine, so it has consistent power.
My question is, why do they recommend turning off the "Screen Saver" mode, when setting up for "Parking" mode? I thought the "Screen Saver" mode was just to turn off the screen after a set amount of time. How does the that impact "Parking" mode?

It is good to not let others know the camera is monitoring.

You can and probably should use screensaver with Parking Mode. I have recommended on occasion to turn off screensaver when running tests so you can watch the screen to see what mode the camera is in (Time-lapse or Normal recording). Otherwise, you don't need the LCD screen to operate in Parking Mode. Standby mode (not recording) is distinguishable by the green power button light illuminating.

Ok, so I think I understand. I SHOULD have "Screen Saver" mode enabled when I shut off the car and park it. Since the Dashcam is hardwired, it will go into "Park" mode and the "Screen Saver" will turn the screen off (after the set amount of time selected in the configuration).

Thanks for the replies! Appreciate it.

Ok, so I think I understand. I SHOULD have "Screen Saver" mode enabled when I shut off the car and park it. Since the Dashcam is hardwired, it will go into "Park" mode and the "Screen Saver" will turn the screen off (after the set amount of time selected in the configuration).

Thanks for the replies! Appreciate it.
Screensaver and Parking Mode operate independently, i.e., screensaver does not affect the way Parking Mode operates. Parking Mode is enabled by selecting a frames per second value in the "Parking Mode" menu selection. Parking Mode can be left on while driving or parked, so you don't need to do anything special when parked except make sure it remains powered. You can temporarily activate the LCD screen if you want by short pressing the power button. Like you said earlier, screensaver just turns the screen off after the time selected in the "Screensaver" menu setting. If you want no lights on the camera while operating, also change the "LED" menu selection to OFF. I usually just leave it on.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S A119S 2
J A119S 4
C A119S 1
paramedico987 A119S 2
T A119S 46
Back