Newbie Question How easy is it to store the VIOFO A129 Pro Duo 4K (in the glove box) when not in use?

Danky Franky

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in a bad neighborhood, and it could get stolen if it is left mounted at night. Does the VIFO A129 Pro Duo need to be mounted at all times or can I store it in the glove box when I'm not driving? Referring to the front camera.

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to respond to this post!

Welcome to DCT @Danky Franky :)

The A129 slides in and out of the mount easily, but you'll need to plug in and unplug the cable to the rear cam each time, and also the power cable if it's ran to the cam instead of the mount. Do understand that in time there will likely be some looseness developing as no cam is really intended to be dismounted daily, but IIRC this cam is supplied with a small patch of EVA foam which can be applied to compensate for this minor wear. It shouldn't be a problem. Just be sure you can dismount the cam where you stick it as the 3M mounting tape is somewhat permanent once it's stuck so it won't be easy to move after applying. Extra tape is supplied if you get it wrong. For best results stick the mount on without the cam for 24 hours as this will allow the tape to get a better grip without the weight of the cam on it.

This is one of the better 2-channel cams on the market today and will do what you need better than most. I'm sure you'll like it.

Phil

Welcome to DCT @Danky Franky :)

The A129 slides in and out of the mount easily, but you'll need to plug in and unplug the cable to the rear cam each time, and also the power cable if it's ran to the cam instead of the mount. Do understand that in time there will likely be some looseness developing as no cam is really intended to be dismounted daily, but IIRC this cam is supplied with a small patch of EVA foam which can be applied to compensate for this minor wear. It shouldn't be a problem. Just be sure you can dismount the cam where you stick it as the 3M mounting tape is somewhat permanent once it's stuck so it won't be easy to move after applying. Extra tape is supplied if you get it wrong. For best results stick the mount on without the cam for 24 hours as this will allow the tape to get a better grip without the weight of the cam on it.

This is one of the better 2-channel cams on the market today and will do what you need better than most. I'm sure you'll like it.

Phil
i have the a129 pro and once your sort of get the movement down its real easy to take down and hide. although it doesnt come with eva foam

I'm still not sure dashcams are a primary motivating factor for breaking into cars?

It seems to be a thing in some places, often larger cities with parking on the street or in unsecured garages. It hasn't caught on here yet due to their being little demand for the product, but they will go after a GPS/Satnav in a heartbeat because it will sell quickly :cautious: And if they've already broken in they're likely to grab anything they think is of value if they can snag it quickly. As dashcams become more popular the theft rates will go up :( That's just how it works.

Phil

Back