Newbie question on 750s features - Wifi & Cloud

ty27rv

Reaction score
Country
Malta
Hi. Sorry for this noob question but Im not sure where to post?

I have the 490 and want to upgrade to the 750s 2 chan

The main reason is I want to start viewing my video files without the need to remove the sd card every time. The way the cam is isntalled in my car and due to the lack of space on the windscreen its a real hassle to remove and reconnect every time.

So would this be possible on the 750?

I see there is the cloud but the free account is quite restricted. If I wanted to see more than 10 minutes of video per day would I need to upgrade? Or do I not need the cloud to view video on my PC?

Also the mobile app seems interesting and would that also need the over the cloud subscription?

I've tried searching for this info but I can't locate it anywhere so I thought maybe someone experienced could help with explaining?

Regards

If you connect to the Blackvue's own wifi, you'll get full access to the dashcam firmware and videos. No need for internet connection (or cloud service) because your tablet/phone is connected directly to the dashcam.

Hope this answers your question.

650 or 750 are similar ... both are accessible by WiFi, way way faster than by the cloud. Put another way the cloud service is slower than molasses. You'll end up waiting for a good 2 or 3 minutes just to watch a 1-minute file as it continues to slowly buffer.

Back