Newbie Question on Mini 0826

Missiletech

Reaction score
Country
United States
It appears from what I can see that this model no longer supports dual MicroSD cards of 128GB class 6 or 10. Confused about specs as I was looking at purchasing a Mini 0806 Third Gen. So, I am starting all over again at reviewing. Also, is the image sensor the same as the 0806 or not.

Anyone understand why the reduced number of MicroSD slots and the reduced capacity? Thanks.

the second slot is internal as per previous models, the dual slot function on the 0806 doesn't work as hoped anyway so that's not really comparable I guess

Looks like some 0826 supposedly have 8GB internal.
I will check if mine has 8GB internal or not.

I have a 0826. The alleged 8gb internal memory does not exist. There is no option to transfer files from /to this non-existent memory and my camera skips the odd minute here and there. I can't be bothered sending it back, but I wouldn't buy one of these again.

I have a 0826. The alleged 8gb internal memory does not exist. There is no option to transfer files from /to this non-existent memory and my camera skips the odd minute here and there. I can't be bothered sending it back, but I wouldn't buy one of these again.
Did you buy from Gearbest?

I have a 0826. The alleged 8gb internal memory does not exist. There is no option to transfer files from /to this non-existent memory.

think that's a Gearbest issue if they've sold you a non memory version as an internal memory version

and my camera skips the odd minute here and there.

two common causes, bad memory card or motion detect turned on

Resellers are able to order the 0826 with or without internal memory from the manufacturer. Saves them a few bucks if they order without. Other threads in this forum have indicated that some resellers have indicated you get 8gb internal memory but when your cam turns up it is missing in action.

This is more an issue for the reseller that sold the camera rather than the the manufacturer misrepresenting their product or brand.

Is there any option tu turn on the loop recording function? E.g. when the card is full the oldest file will be deleted. The "english" manual is vague:
"1.off mode:
if the space is full,the previous files will not be deleted; whencard is full ,will show"card full "and cannot continue record"

2.When the loop setting mode is"1 min","3min","5min","off"
if the space is full,the previous saved file will be automatically cover and overwrite

I have tried the 1 min and 3 min settings but the recording stops after the card is full.
Any idea?
(Will update tomorrow with the latest FW 20160328.)

I am sure it wasn't formatted on PC but don't remember if it was on the camera at all or just inserted it during the box opening.
Didn't check for errors but the recording files were OK on PC.
Anyway, thanks for the tips. Will upgrade the latest firmware, format it on the camera and will try again and post the result.

Is there any option tu turn on the loop recording function? E.g. when the card is full the oldest file will be deleted. The "english" manual is vague:
"1.off mode:
if the space is full,the previous files will not be deleted; whencard is full ,will show"card full "and cannot continue record"

2.When the loop setting mode is"1 min","3min","5min","off"
if the space is full,the previous saved file will be automatically cover and overwrite

I have tried the 1 min and 3 min settings but the recording stops after the card is full.
Any idea?
(Will update tomorrow with the latest FW 20160328.)
My 0806 looped OK most of the time on 3 min and 5 min, but sometimes after its full, it stops working and I only get the red charge light. for example over Anzac weekend I had recording on Thursday, then nothing until Tuesday night. So I reformatted the card and it seemed to be recording this morning again

After loading the latest firmware and formatted the card on the 826 the loop recording looks OK with the current 5 min setting.

Now I noticed 2-3 times the 0826 stopped: no recording, no reaction to any button. I had to wait until the internal battery went flat and after that works ok again. Anyone has similar issue? Is there any button combination to hard reset instead of waiting for the flat internal battery?

After loading the latest firmware and formatted the card on the 826 the loop recording looks OK with the current 5 min setting.

Now I noticed 2-3 times the 0826 stopped: no recording, no reaction to any button. I had to wait until the internal battery went flat and after that works ok again. Anyone has similar issue? Is there any button combination to hard reset instead of waiting for the flat internal battery?

Hold power button for 20+ seconds for a hard reset.

May not solve your problem though. Some early production 0826's had the same issue. They did not like the power supply to be interrupted. IE a loose connection or even switching ignition from ON to AC or back again, in some cars. Would lead to camera locking up or freezing and then nothing to do but let the battery die.

Hold power button for 20+ seconds for a hard reset.

May not solve your problem though. Some early production 0826's had the same issue. They did not like the power supply to be interrupted. IE a loose connection or even switching ignition from ON to AC or back again, in some cars. Would lead to camera locking up or freezing and then nothing to do but let the battery die.
Thanks Chris!
It happened again but still not figured out the exact scenario.. Looks like the screen is not turned off yet after the initial power on (ignition) and I stopped the car again (usually happening if I go for grocery shopping, 2 minutes driving). Will check it further.

Check the impact sensitivity is not too high. It may be marking all the video files so they are not overwritten (preserving a crash video).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Mini 0826 7
H Mini 0826 15
W Mini 0826 3
Back