Newbie Question

NYC-Style

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok...so I just received my Blackvue DR750S-2CH from Amazon today (sold thru BlackboxMyCar) . The 1st thing I noticed when I opened the box is no lens cap cover on the front facing camera (no biggie); the front facing camera does not have any of the signage from the pictures/videos that I've seen..."Blackvue Cloud FHD 60 FPS" is no where on the camera itself. The pictures/videos I've seen show that the micro sd card and connectors are behind a small cover...don't have that either. There's no Wi-Fi button as I've seen described in unboxings...and no where on the camera is there an SSID or password...wtf have I gotten myself into. I've called Blackvue and an agent took my email address and needs to research if DR750S-2CH has changed their casings. I'll give them a day to respond and if not I'll be sending this back. My intent was to have this hard wired into a 2017 MB E-Class and I need to make sure I'm getting what I paid for. Anyone else's unit resemble the one I received today??? From the movie Platoon Sgt. O'Neill says to Sgt. Barnes..."Bob, I got a bad feeling on this one all right? I got a bad feeling!!"

Attachments

• 20180118_185317.jpg
    20180118_185317.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 43
  • 20180118_192443.jpg
    20180118_192443.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 20180118_192511.jpg
    20180118_192511.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 20180118_192519.jpg
    20180118_192519.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 42
Ok...I'm convinced now that I did not receive a DR750S...note in the pics how my camera fits in the box versus the one in the YouTube clip...this ain't cool!!!

Attachments

• 20180118_212302.jpg
    20180118_212302.jpg
    284.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 20180118_212150.jpg
    20180118_212150.jpg
    218.5 KB · Views: 36
just shoot @BlackboxMyCar a message, if there was a mix up I'm sure they'll get things sorted for you, don't be too surprised if the problem was from Amazon though, they take it upon themselves to do some pretty silly things at times

just shoot @BlackboxMyCar a message, if there was a mix up I'm sure they'll get things sorted for you, don't be too surprised if the problem was from Amazon though, they take it upon themselves to do some pretty silly things at times

Thanks for your response...this will be my very 1st dash cam and it hasn't started off well. I'm waiting to hear back from Blackvue but I'm guessing this will end-up going back to Amazon.

Thats definitely not a 750S I have a single channel one and its nothing like that. For one thing it shouldnt have a GPS hole as its built in and the other end of mine simply has Blackvue stamped on it The business end has 12/24v and a Wifi button and a proximity sensor button. Also has a groove along the back where the LEDs are The front has Blackvue cloud FHD60fps on it and yes there is a cover on the plug end over the card
That looks like a knock off

Fraudulent seller - i can't find fault w/ amazon for those types.

Don't ping BlackVue, contact BlackboxMyCar. You can do it via Amazon and/or directly. They're a reputable dealer in the US & Canada and will be pretty upset to hear of this. They'll make it right.
The question is one of who fulfilled the order. I'd almost suspect somebody bought the 750S, swapped in this lesser model (whatever it is) and returned it. It ended up on the shelf without a proper inspection, and then shipped to you. If it was fulfilled by Amazon, I can see that happening because they'd not really know what to look for on return.
If it was shipped direct from BBmyC I'll bet that not only will they correct this, they'll toss in a little something extra to compensate for your trouble (a bigger SDCard would be nice).

Brad.

Don't ping BlackVue, contact BlackboxMyCar. You can do it via Amazon and/or directly. They're a reputable dealer in the US & Canada and will be pretty upset to hear of this. They'll make it right.
The question is one of who fulfilled the order. I'd almost suspect somebody bought the 750S, swapped in this lesser model (whatever it is) and returned it. It ended up on the shelf without a proper inspection, and then shipped to you. If it was fulfilled by Amazon, I can see that happening because they'd not really know what to look for on return.
If it was shipped direct from BBmyC I'll bet that not only will they correct this, they'll toss in a little something extra to compensate for your trouble (a bigger SDCard would be nice).

Brad.

Thanks for the info...I initially contacted Blackvue because I wasn't sure if what I received was some "new" 750S...but I will contact BBmyC through Amazon and it would be nice if they "hooked" me up with something extra.

Fraudulent seller - i can't find fault w/ amazon for those types.

I would agree except the order was filled by BlackboxMyCar and from my research they appear to be reputable...however I am glad you guys have chimed in to let me know that what I received is not a 750S.

Post back what happens after your conversations. I'd like to believe somebody in the chain (other than just you) will be pretty upset by all this.

Post back what happens after your conversations. I'd like to believe somebody in the chain (other than just you) will be pretty upset by all this.

I will...I just printed the return label and will be dropping it off at UPS shortly. I'll deal directly with BlackboxMyCar and see what they can do...oh well as they say "patience is a virtue"....yeah that ain't helpin'!

Ok...Amazon 750S camera on it's way back to them...called BlackboxMyCar and spoke with them...very apologetic although it wasn't their fault. So they priced matched the Amazon bundle which is 750S; Power Magic Pro; and 3 fuse taps for $387.99 and then gave me a discount on the expedited shipping...it should arrive tomorrow...for those of you who didn't install themselves would you care to share about how much it was to install...I'm being told $300.00 as it's dual camera's and takes longer...does that seem reasonable?? How long should it take to install??

I'm all for paying for professional installation but that quote sounds excessive

Yeah I'm just trying to get an idea as I have nothing to base it on...like most of you the install has gotta be clean!!

I was quoted $60 for the front hardwire install and $60 for rear hardwire when I add that later down the line.
This was from a reputable audio shop in the LA area for install in an Audi A3.

I decided to do the front myself. When I add a rear camera I'll probably have them do it and pay the $60 as the rear is going to be a pain.

$300 is a bit excessive if you ask me.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm just trying to get an idea as I have nothing to base it on...like most of you the install has gotta be clean!!

our pay rates here are about double what they are there yet here I'd expect to pay around half what you were quoted, I'd suggest shopping around some of the car audio shops in your area and see what you get quoted elsewhere

Turns on the complexity of the car. Our Tesla SUV typically costs ~ $350-$400 dual channel

I did both my VW's myself Hardwired into the fusebox. I had to reroute my 750 the other day. only took 10 mins to rerun the cable up the A pillar and across to the camera. A pro installer should be able to do a dual camera in well under 90 mins I would think. as thats how long it took me in the Passat and I did it with two ordinary cameras and had to run the power through from fuse box to the rear of the wagon. Doesnt take long to run wires under door trims and into the rear Was getting it up the rear pillar to the roof that took the time

I received my 750S today from Blackbox today...and no doubt about it the unit I was sent from Amazon was not a 750S. I was able to locate an installer who actually came to my home to install it for $160.00...no way I could have done this myself...he was able to wire the PMP into my center console...very clean install. Initially had problems connecting to Wi-Fi but figured out I needed to change the password.

Hey guys - just read this. First off, sincere apologies that you had to go through this, OP.

Although it's already been established that this definitely wasn't our doing, we want to make this resolve this even further. What seems to have happened in this rare case is that the Amazon fulfillment worker must have taken a returned unit and packaged it into a batch for resell. Very unfortunate.

NYC-STYLE - please send us an email to info@blackboxmycar.com with your order number, and mention/link this thread. We'll definitely take care of this for you.

Back