newbie to street guardian

Hello jokiin. Finally had a chance to setup the new dashcam.
unfortunately i am getting some strange fuzziness when driving at night which i do most.
i will try and attach a sample to see if I am doing something wrong.
please let me know. i really use my dashcam for safety and proof in case of accidents.
other then that the camera is great.
cheers

2019_0406_052518_056_Moment.jpg

Hello jokiin. Finally had a chance to setup the new dashcam.
unfortunately i am getting some strange fuzziness when driving at night which i do most.
i will try and attach a sample to see if I am doing something wrong.
please let me know. i really use my dashcam for safety and proof in case of accidents.
other then that the camera is great.
cheers

View attachment 45675

@fuzziness, you mean glare, motion blur or noise?

@fuzziness, you mean glare, motion blur or noise?

sorry. I am not really savvy about imaging wording.
basically what i mean is that when vehicle is in motion as u see in pic there isnt much clarity in it.
I hope that's the proper explanation?
on daylight the image is superb

sorry. I am not really savvy about imaging wording.
basically what i mean is that when vehicle is in motion as u see in pic there isnt much clarity in it.
I hope that's the proper explanation?
on daylight the image is superb
This is normal for night time driving.

Yes nothing in the frame above seem out of the ordinary, it seem to be a bit hazy in the weather.
Running a dashcam you cant really clean your windscreen too often inside and out.

just noticed your speed, im amazed there isent more motion blur in the picture.

Given how hard it is for human eyes to function at night, with high light level contrasts, I'm amazed ANY camera can do better. (No stake in SG, but have one in my vehicle.)

Yes nothing in the frame above seem out of the ordinary, it seem to be a bit hazy in the weather.
Running a dashcam you cant really clean your windscreen too often inside and out.

just noticed your speed, im amazed there isent more motion blur in the picture.

thats an interesting coment about speeding .

in canada believe me or not limit is 100km/hr.

yes. I clock 120/130 at nighttime which became the norm in Ontario. believe me or not.
of course a cop can stop you but cars around me even go faster at early hours.
cheers and thanks for the comment.

i thought that I would get a higher image sharpness at night.
during the day its obscenely awesome so far for the camera price

Hehe thats nothing, in the 90ties when i drove home from work at 5 in the morning i could do 120 km/h on 1 lane highway with a 80 km/h limit, and 160 on the motorway with a 110 km/h limit.
I don't drive like that anymore, and in general my uploads to youtube don't have speeders in them, i don't mind speed if its done in a safe manner.
If you want to check focus it is best done in the daytime driving very slow or parked in a place where you have stuff at different distances with good contrast, like billboards with writing on them.

It is not uncommon for first timers to think that their low light footage are bad, there are commercial footage out there that look really good, but if you look close at it, it are often filmed in a town with very high ambient light levels, and in traffic that don't move that fast.
It is not that big of a problem to get a plate capture at night if the camera car do say 60 km/h and the target car do 65 km/h, or you drive at a slow speed past parked cars.
The problem arise when the speed between the camera car and other things are big, then at night you are almost down to just being able to tell car brand / model and color.

Last edited:
Back