Newbie with a Papago P3

tim Avary

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I just bought a Papago P3 after reading the reviews here and on another forum. I'm pleased with the video quality and all the additional bells and whistles, but I cannot get the audio to work. I returned the first one and I might add the customer service was outstanding, but now that I have the replacement, I still can't get the audio to work. I'm plugging the SD card into my HP laptop and importing the files without any trouble, but there's no sound! Is it something I'm doing wrong with my laptop, or did I just get two in a row defective P3s?
Tim,,,

Hi,
I just bought a Papago P3 after reading the reviews here and on another forum. I'm pleased with the video quality and all the additional bells and whistles, but I cannot get the audio to work. I returned the first one and I might add the customer service was outstanding, but now that I have the replacement, I still can't get the audio to work. I'm plugging the SD card into my HP laptop and importing the files without any trouble, but there's no sound! Is it something I'm doing wrong with my laptop, or did I just get two in a row defective P3s?
Tim,,,

Have you enabled a microphone on your P3 ?
If you payback videos on P3, do you hear a sound from speaker ?

Hi Tim, welcome to the forum.

Have you enabled a microphone on your P3 ?
If you payback videos on P3, do you hear a sound from speaker ?
I have enabled the microphone, but I don't know how to play back the video on the P3. The documentation seems to be lacking for a new to dashcam type like me.

Thanks to Niko's question, I figured out there IS a play back function on this P3, and it seems the audio is working just fine. Now I just have to figure out why the audio isn't loading to my laptop. I've copied the files but when I play one there is no sound.
I'm a real dinosaur with computers, so if there is a simple solution I would be very thankful.

Software update maybe, you could install the K-lite codec pack which would give you everything you need, sometimes just installing QuickTime is enough to get them playing

Software update maybe, you could install the K-lite codec pack which would give you everything you need, sometimes just installing QuickTime is enough to get them playing

Thanks Street Guardian. I will look at that.

It is hard to find anything that VLC player can't handle, so for a long time it have been my backup for the regular windows software.

Hello Tim,
I am glad you were able to get this issue resolved. VLC is great to view your footage but if you want to view it in another player such as Quicktime and Media Player I would suggest you download Handbrake (it is free for MAC or Windows) it will convert your footage to an MP4 without losing any quality. If you wanted to make a home movie or string together pieces of your footage using MP4 would make it a lot more friendly with your editing software.
If you need any assistance with this please do not hesitate to email me directly at papagoinc@gmail.com
We would not mind walking you through the steps!
Enjoy your P3!
~Team PAPAGO!

It seems like you did come to the right place! These experts really know their stuff. They sure helped you out! :)

Have a similar problem with PAPAGO! Cam On Player version 4.5 running on a Windows 7 laptop. There is no audio. However, if I play the same file using VLC Player, audio comes out OK. The same PAPAGO! Cam On Player works fine on my Windows XP desktop. So what gives?

Yes, but which codec do I need? Can't believe they make a .exe for the PAPAGO! media player (to play their own video and audio streams) with the audio codec excluded.

Back