newbie with cf-100

slowmotion

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've purchased the CF-100 + GPS off Amazon. This is my first ever dashcam.
I'm able to figure out everything software-wise, got the GPS working, modified settings to my liking, etc. (this forum is a goldmine for information BTW). It came with the cigarette lighter adapter for power.
My question is... where can you purchase the DC power fuse that is mentioned in the manual, under accessories? I can't seem to find it on Amazon, or even a Google search.

What are others using to hardwire this dashcam? Is there something else I should be looking for instead of the mentioned "DC fuse power cable" mentioned in the manual?

Thank you.

I used a MotoPark Multi Safer with mine. No need to get a different cable and I like the fact that I can push the button to power off the camera and safely remove the micro sd, as opposed to unplugging from the camera and messing with the aim.

KuoH

Thank you. Just curious, where do you mount the box with the button so you are able to access it? And is the cigarette adapter/connection hidden somewhere?

It's pretty tiny, so it can fit just about anywhere. Just try to put it where you can easily see the LED. Mine is taped under the driver side console near my right knee, within easy reach, but not so close that I can bump it. The adapter and rest of the wiring is hidden inside the console.

KuoH

Just curious, where do you mount the box with the button so you are able to access it? And is the cigarette adapter/connection hidden somewhere?

Thanks again!
One last question (for now :rolleyes:)...
I've been researching 3M Dual Lock to use for mounting the camera(s) and GPS, and likely for mounting this "MotoPark Multi Safer" or similar product also...
I'm having a hard time figuring out which product number is totally black (both the front and adhesive side). There seems to be some product/model numbers that are white adhesive and some that are clear/black adhesive.

Back