Newby Nextbase 412GW

Joe Peddos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi to all I have just bought my first dashcam the Nextbase 412GW after reading the stuff on this forum. It’s been hardwired into the car and it’s up and running.
I have a few queries. There is an update on the Nextbase website but when I try and download it my windows 10 computer says no it’s saying it’s cgetting the wrong info from the site.
I have tried to download it via the webcam plugged into my laptop. When I fill in the the Version
NDBVR413GW-R9.5 information it try’s to connect to the website but is not recognised.

While playing about with the camera I have pressed the red lock key a few times and have several locked files of video clips around the house but I don’t know how to delete them the instruction manual seems to imply they can’t be deleted Joe

Try updating via the Nextbase Replay 3 program.

950fpnH.jpg

Not tried that route myself but should avoid your direct download issue.

Last edited:
I've tried that method on my 512GW and it worked. ;)

Hi to all I have just bought my first dashcam the Nextbase 412GW after reading the stuff on this forum. It’s been hardwired into the car and it’s up and running.
I have a few queries. There is an update on the Nextbase website but when I try and download it my windows 10 computer says no it’s saying it’s cgetting the wrong info from the site.
I have tried to download it via the webcam plugged into my laptop. When I fill in the the Version
NDBVR413GW-R9.5 information it try’s to connect to the website but is not recognised. QUOTE

After writing the above I tried my Android phone and I was able to download the update file now I will try and transfer it to my laptop and then onto microcard Joe

The update dash cam button on Replay 3 will only work for the 512GW at present.

The R11.7 update for the 412GW will allow future updates to be done via Replay 3 however to make it simpler.

As said above formatting the card removes all files, to update the camera in the mean time please insert the SD card into the computer directly and copy the update onto the formatted SD card.

Then insert into the camera and power the camera on either using the car charger or a mains plug adaptor.

Call our Technical Support Centre if you like we're happy to go through each step with you.

02920 866 429 or support@nextbase.co.uk

The update dash cam button on Replay 3 will only work for the 512GW at present.

The R11.7 update for the 412GW will allow future updates to be done via Replay 3 however to make it simpler.

As said above formatting the card removes all files, to update the camera in the mean time please insert the SD card into the computer directly and copy the update onto the formatted SD card.

Then insert into the camera and power the camera on either using the car charger or a mains plug adaptor.

Call our Technical Support Centre if you like we're happy to go through each step with you.

02920 866 429 or support@nextbase.co.uk

Hi Tiffany I have successfully updated my camera to R11.7 thanks for the help Joe

Tiffany any chance of helping me as before with my update for my 512gw

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
X 412GW 1
KeithChesterfield 412GW 3
Bob Hawkins 412GW 18
J 412GW 22
D 412GW 7
Back