Newby with very basic questions

RTHarley

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all;

Hoping some of you can help explain some features on my Apeman C240.

For the purity ponies out there, yes I have searched the forum and I have RTFM. Found nothing on the forums and the manual is a bad translation to English from what I'm guessing is Chinese.

Here are a few features I don't grok:

Cyclic Record (choices are off, 3, 5, or 10 minutes) Are these random record times? Don't know.

Motion Detection (off, on) WTF? Driving in a car everything is in motion.

Gravity Sensing (off, low, medium, high) This one sounds pretty cool at least. Got no idea what it does.

Headlight Warning (Off, on) Not sure what this is about either.

Thanks for any and all help!

Welcome to DCT @RTHarley :)

The 'cyclic' time setting is for how long you want each recording file to be. As one file closes, the next begins so you end up with continuous video. When the card space is filled up, the cam "loops" and writes over the oldest file so recording can continue. If yiou turn this off, the cam will stop recording when the card fills up..

Motion detect is supposed to start video recording when you are parked, and someone or something approaches your car. It almost never works correctly so just turn that off.

Gravity sensing (G sensor) detects impacts to your car. Again a feature which rarely works well, so set it to lowest sensitivity or turn it off altogether. Both 'motion detect' and the 'G sensor' record to locked files which cannot be recorded over, so too many of these will fill the card and recording will stop.

Both to ensure proper functioning and to delete the locked files, you need to remove the card and view a few random video clips every month or so. If all looks well, format the card when you put it back in the cam which clears the locked files and gives you all your card space back. Remember to have the cam turned off whenever you remove or insert the SD card. Video recording requires a good SD card with fast write-speed capability, and only a few cards work reliably here. Use only the cards you find recommended here on DCT and you should be OK.

Not sure about the headlight warning but it probably reminds you the headlights are on when you turn the car off so that you don't drain the battery.

Phil

I turned G-sensor off on my VIOFOPRO on front windscreen.
Had it on medium then low .... and found it beeping too often when going over bumps even on low sensitivity.
Have to check the VIOFO A119S on the rear as I never hear that going off

Hey thanks guys (or gals)! That answers all the questions I have. Sounds like I found a great community here. I appreciate it.

Back