Newest firmware is supposed to support sd-cards up to 128GB...

Ian Gillan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
...as far as I read the specs on the Blackvue site .
Under new Features for 2.005 is shown "supports memory cards up th 128gb".

But I failed to get my 128 gb sandisc card to work .
CAM initialises the sd-card, but after restart cam stops working and says "Firmware error, plase check your sd card."

I created a Partition with fat32 file System. Using a partion tool which suceeded to create a proper fat32 partition on my hard disc for my car. So I dought that my tool or the file system on the sd-card caused this error.

Any suggestions appreciated.

IAN

Well, its always the easiest way as a husband to blame the wife if there is any trouble. But the realtity shows us every day - its much more complex... (-:
sandisc flash cards are very compatible. So even if this card type causes trouble - its definitely a strong hint that also something's wrong on the device side.
I am I wrong?

I would start by returning the card to its default settings in your pc then try formatting in the camera or using their program as appropriate rather than using a different partitioning program and see how you go, it still may not like that card though, they're fussy about what cards will work in these

No, the card worked and still works fine. And no, specific partition software is the proper and often only way to make error free and compatible file systems. I use Paragon. As I said: my car audio system is very picky using fat32 formated storage devices. And Paragon (nor Windows or Linux) was the best solution.
You know what I did? Trying harder, repeat steps (delete , create partition and file system) and now the card works in my Blackvue.
Besides: this card worked before in my Surface tablet and Samsung smartphone with absolutely no problems at all. Therefore I think it was/is the husband not the wife... ((-:

My 2 cents would be to use the camera with the SD card that came with it.. If it works.. the camera is not at fault.. except, that it does not like the 128 GB. There is a long list of issues related to SD cards not working in this forum. I know.. the camera documentation says it works.. but the fine print says "only with a Blackvue SD card"..

I have been using both Sandisk and Lexar 128GB cards for several months now in my DR650GW without issues. Lexar is recommended by most people.

I just pop the card into the Blackvue and hold the button until it says "formatting". I try to swap the cards every few weeks (or whenever there is a firmware update).

Back