News about new Firmware for Dod Ls300w

GeorgesNJR

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Dash Cam
Dod LS300W + 32GB Class 10 Samsung Plus
Support exist , and it´s not using angry Elf´s was workers.

Hello GeorgesNJR,

Sorry for the delay in response. I saw your reply on Saturday, and had to wait until Monday before I could ask the Tech Support staff regarding your situation.

I've asked our Technical Support department regarding the contact and conversation between you and them, and I was advised by them that you have mentioned about obtaining firmware for a DOD LS300W which was purchase outside of North America (Specifically FoxOffer, as you have suggested from your email.)

Due to our company's Warranty and Support Service policy, we are unable to provide support services for products purchased from Unauthorized Resellers, Vendors located outside of North America Region , and/or Grey Market Products.

Our Warranty and Support service policy can be view from the below link.
Product Warranty and Support Services

Regarding DOD Tech Taiwan putting on and removing the firmware from their website, we have no control over that matter. We were advised by DOD Tech Taiwan that the firmware was being copied & used without authorization on replica/bootleg of the DOD LS300W.

As of now, they are re-writing the firmware with various improvements, bug fixes, as well as securities in place to prevent use of such firmware on cameras other than the Genuine DOD LS300W. When the firmware is ready for download, you should be able to see it from the DOD Tech Taiwan website, http://www.dod-tec.com

I hope I have answered all your questions properly. If you still have any other questions or inquiries, please feel free to contact me via email, or PM on the forum as well.

Best Regards
Dennis
so seems they trying make it impossible to be used in other cameras than Dod Ls300W , whatever just hope its fix many bugs actual version has.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's reasonable. Can't expect dod to make firmware for free... they won't be able to sell their own product.

dashingthrusnow said:
That's reasonable. Can't expect dod to make firmware for free... they won't be able to sell their own product.

I wouldn't expect the reseller to support the product purchased elsewhere, that's fair, the talk about locking down the firmware is optimistic, don't believe the hardware supports it, it's not like it's a different board so whatever they do to improve the firmware is needed on all versions anyway

Gurkha9 said:
DOD Canada are probably not interested in serving grey market cameras bought over the internet

As expected...

Back