[News] Xiaomi Yi Sport Camera just update the apk to version 1.4

luckylz

Reaction score
Country
China
Got the release from Xiaomi yesterday (Apr.14,2015), that Yi Cam updates the android app version to 1.4

Here is the changed log in Chinese.
apk version 1.4.jpg

I'd like to translate it into English:
[Firmware Update]
Supported manual check & download the latest firmware;
[Video Rotation]
Supported video rotate 180 degree;
[Emergency Backup]
When camera using "loop record mode", detect shocking, the video will be locked and won't be erased.

P.S. - It's not yet available in the App check update. I got this apk from no-official way. If not urgent, maybe wait for a couple of days, then can be updated.

I think (just guess) that maybe the firmware version 1.0.8, Yi Cam can support automatic record video after power on by external USB.

App screen shot in Chinese
Screenshot_2015-04-15-10-55-55.jpeg Screenshot_2015-04-15-10-56-47.jpegScreenshot_2015-04-15-11-27-01.jpeg

Last edited:
I hope the iOS version comes out soon.

Nice, that rotation is much needed.

Just checked, app updated to 1.4 automaticly.
Mike

After updating the APK for 1.4, i tried its button which is labeled "firmware" and now the app says it found a new firmware which is V1.0.9.
Right now it tries to download the new firmware :)

Yes. Good news indeed.
With the new App Version 1.4 and Firmware 1.0.9, the Yi Camera is now capable to:

1. check and upgrade to latest version manually through app.
2. rotate 180 deg on screen for video and photo shooting
3. save the video automatically during loop recording when the Yi camera is under sudden crash

Attachments

• IMG_1824.JPG
    IMG_1824.JPG
    119.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1828.JPG
    IMG_1828.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1829.JPG
    IMG_1829.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 23
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 22
Anyone else noticed an emergency backup option?
Would be interesting to know what it does exactly. Prevents losing video once camera shuts down all of a sudden? Backs up something?

if they could fix the problem, that the camera crashes when trying to transfer files via USB from the camera...that would be nice :)
Maybe with the next firmware.
180 Degree rotation (or Up/Down Mode as GoPro names it), is working fine with the new App+Firmware.

New firmware still don't have auto record on startup from usb power? Getting closer though..

Updated to 1.6
Changes unknown.

Updated to 1.6
Changes unknown.

One change is that you seem to have less Chinese screens pop in on English phones. Used to the connect screens would alternate between English and Chinese every time I'd try to connect and it failed. Still Chinese in spots, though. But less.

It's only me that doesn't understand why the Xiaomi force us to see the "instagram like" before access the cam app?

Back