Newsflare

Grays85

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had some dashcam footage published in Birmingham Mail. Been approached by a company that gets you revenue from the views of the video (newsflare). Is it legit? Wasn't really looking for revenue from dashcam footage but could be a bonus!? Still won't get the offenfing muppet sorted... ideas please

they'll get plenty of revenue but won't pay you a lot, in round numbers a million views on YouTube in a short period of time, say a week or so, is worth around $1500, these companies that go around buying the rights to footage generally want to pay around $100 or less

Cheers jokiin... tbh it wasn't filmed for cash but to get something for it would be a bonus. I suppose any cash made could go towards a better cam (nextbase 512g) at the moment did think about DOD LS470W as wife is either driving into the sun or coming home in the dark.. it's for her benefit!! Thanks again for your reply

news flare as sold two videos from me they take 50% of the sale. my first was £900 (about 1,500 us dollars) the second was only around £55 (60 Us dollars) but its better than nothing for the sake coming from a £25 dash cam.

I had some dashcam footage published in Birmingham Mail. Been approached by a company that gets you revenue from the views of the video (newsflare). Is it legit? Wasn't really looking for revenue from dashcam footage but could be a bonus!? Still won't get the offenfing muppet sorted... ideas please

Bit late coming to this, but you also need to check what terms if any you signed or agreed to when agreeing to let the Birmingham Mail use the footage as many news outlets require you to sign exclusive rights or the rights of ownership over to them effectively meaning you cannot post it or sell it anywhere else, as they then own the rights. Breach that and you could find one or other party suing you.

Back