Next base 312gw battery life.

Hi,

Mailed you just now. It wasn't today I was at Halfords, it was last August and I went back again in November. Will explain in seperate email.

Rgds
Neil.

You were lucky, Halfords gave me the runaround and denied anything wrong with the dashcam and I'm now just out of warranty even though I went in twice when it was in warranty about the same Blue Light and Low Battery warning. Wouldn't bother to spend the money on another Nextbase if the battery only lasts a year and if there is a problem both Halfords and Nextbase fob me off with "That's what it is meant to do". My 312GW was hard wired by Halfords and Parking mode switched off so it's not that causing the low power issue.
nextbase cameras battery are designed to last 18months. these can easily be replaced but still begs the question why they are using batteries and not capacitors. I have 5 x 402G cameras and its now got to the point where the batteries have been replaced so much that nextbase no longer support them and replacement batteries are £10 each!!!

I have to agree. Batteries aren't the answer unless they are like say cordless phones where you pop a cover off and just replace them in seconds.

Having to use a soldering iron every few years seems unhelpful.

nextbase cameras battery are designed to last 18months.
From where did you obtain Nextbase's design criteria policy that states this?

Whilst I can understand its frustrating if the Li-Po battery fails to store a sufficient charge anymore. It isn't true that they're only designed to last 18 months.

Lots of things affect the batteries life expectancy - I've personally seen them last beyond 3 years

From where did you obtain Nextbase's design criteria policy that states this?

@M8TJT replacement batteries provided by nextbase have been checked and analysed. 18months is life expectancy of performance before it starts to drop off massively or fail. Nothing bad or negative, it is just standard quality of battery used in a lot of products sold by vendors. Superior quality batteries may have a few more months but you are limited due to the size and capacity, what you really need to do is when they fail swap them for a few small super caps connected in series.

Batteries that last 3 years especially those in the nextbase range are extremely rare and will not perform as well as they did brand new. It is likely the battery is being used as a passthrough for the power so the camera works, this does not indicate that the camera is working at optimum performance with a fully working battery. The battery after all should really only be used when the power is cut and the camera needs to manage data without it being pulled.

@NeilT issue sounds like a faulty battery. Nothing to do with battery life its just gone faulty.

@NextBase Support please can you bribe me to keep shut for a few batteries for my 402g cameras that urgently need replacing :)

get a good quality battery then stick it in your window and subject to all sorts of temperature extremes while powering it and you're going to shorten its life regardless, results are a by-product of the environment they're used in, nature of the beast unfortunately

Which just confirms my request to make them easily replaceable and not via dismantle and solder.

But the way that NB cams work in parking mode, the cam must then be wired to a permanent live with no option of turning it off easily if needed.

The 380 is the perfect solution. Capacitor with a place to insert a battery pack, in seconds, for parking mode.

Just a shame the 380 doesn't have a QuadHD lens ala 412 :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 312GW 4
C 312GW 2
T 312GW 3
H 312GW 6
P 312GW 0
Back