Next Base 312GW - Cant format

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 412gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
Have you tried using the sd card inside the adapter then into the computer & formatting via the windows software or whatever computer you maybe using? Normally the dashcam should accept the sd card & be able to carry out a format in the set up menu

M8TJT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Blackvue 550 2CH, 2x750 2CH & Nextbase 312GW
Formatting with Windows might give problems as it won't format in FAT32, but not sure if FAT32 is a must for MB cams.

SteveJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0803, Panorama SGZC12SG, Viofo A119 V2.
I recently had to format a 128Gb flash drive to FAT32 to use in a PlayStation, and I used the free Windows utility ‘FAT32 Format’.
A Google search will give you a link.

Kremmen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 V3
I've always found that even after I've formatted a card in the PC, to FAT32, the dashcam still wants/insists on doing it again as they always seem to not like the Windows format version.

I think, from memory, I used EaseUS partition manager that also allows FAT or FAT32 for >32Gb cards.

Simon Hills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have bought from halfords a Nextbase 512GW just before christmas with its own 32GB Nextbase SD card. initially worked however the dash cam will not format says error with sd card and when i try to format sd card on laptop it gives an error of write only.. i un ticked all the read only on the file but this doesnt help. Any ideas? is the sd card goosed? should I see halfords for replacement? does anyone know how to resolve?

SteveJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mini 0803, Panorama SGZC12SG, Viofo A119 V2.
Hi, I have bought from halfords a Nextbase 512GW just before christmas with its own 32GB Nextbase SD card. initially worked however the dash cam will not format says error with sd card and when i try to format sd card on laptop it gives an error of write only.. i un ticked all the read only on the file but this doesnt help. Any ideas? is the sd card goosed? should I see halfords for replacement? does anyone know how to resolve?
Have you checked the ‘read/write’ protect switch on the side of the SD card is in the correct position?

I realise now that the 512 has a micro SD card and they don’t have a ‘write protect’ switch, but the adaptor you used probably does. Might be worth checking.

Last edited:

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 412gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
I’d suggest the above check the read/write protect switch on the side of the sd card adapter. Alternatively take it back to Halford’s, I move heard some good & some Bad things about the nextbase sd cards but mainly Bad so I’d say stay away from them... stick to a well known manufacturer & buy from a well known reliable shop/seller. Scan uk or mymemory uk are good sources to buy from online, I’ve ditched Sandisk cards for a while now on my nextbase dashcams & been purchasing the Samsung evo plus brand