Next model rumors?

Ralph2

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900x-Plus in 2022 Palisade replaced the 650
Given that most of the bugs have been removed and design deficiencies identified in the DR900 line.. It must soon be time for a new model release, any rumors out there?

We just visited BlackVue HQ in Korea - no plans of a model succeeding the DR900S.
The next "big thing" from BlackVue is the SIM-card integrated dash cam called the DR750X - ETA is mid to late 2020.

We just visited BlackVue HQ in Korea - no plans of a model succeeding the DR900S.
The next "big thing" from BlackVue is the SIM-card integrated dash cam called the DR750X - ETA is mid to late 2020.
Is this DR750X going to have a slot for user owned SIM card or is it going to be fully integrated within the device (meaning BlackVue would have to make a deal with mobile operators in target markets first)?

Wysłane z mojego GM1903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

they wouldn't have the volume to be able to do something carrier locked, the telco requirements in the majority of markets are too high, could possibly use eSIM but even that is very limited, would be very surprised to see it with anything other than a SIM slot

Is this DR750X going to have a slot for user owned SIM card or is it going to be fully integrated within the device (meaning BlackVue would have to make a deal with mobile operators in target markets first)?

Wysłane z mojego GM1903 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Very likely SIM slot!

No freaking way would I have duplicate sim card from my phone in a dashcam. If someone breaks into your car and takes your dashcam, they'll have your expensive dashcam and they may get a lot more because of that simcard.

Could you use the SIM card for internet access, thereby side-stepping the BlackVue Cloud app with its associated limitations and costs?

The next model is scheduled to be announced that day after I make a purchase. That isn't imminent (unless I find a good sale), so you are all safe for the time being.

Blackvue has the DR750-2CH LTE Australian Version available for sale (HERE). So if you're an Aussie, then you're in luck. For everyone else, what TVMA Doc said above.

Ah Ha. More ventilation and cooling fins at last. :ROFLMAO:
But of course the 4k freaks will turn their noses up at their mere 1080 despite the superior Starvis sensor.

Given that most people think the normal sequence of numbering is "later is better" going "back" to a 750 series seems an odd marketing strategy.

Perhaps that's because it is not a new model, but a 750 with LTE capability and a new case?

Yes when the only difference are a LTE reader and other little things it make good sense to not depart much from the originals brand name.

Thats why the fruit company's devises are all called "I" something and then a number, and maybe a light / MAX or what ever sir name.
By that arguing the I phone 11 MAX sound be called iphone 12 just cuz it have a little larger screen and or maybe one more camera.
If they did that we would be on I phone 32 by now.

:wideyed:

Attachments

• IMG_8864.jpg
    IMG_8864.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8865.jpg
    IMG_8865.jpg
    287.8 KB · Views: 28
What a progress. I wonder how much it'll cost and how reliable it'll be (hope the vents are not the only modification and they finally discovered the invention so called "heatsink" :ROFLMAO: ).

Doesn't look like it from BBMC'c pics. However there seems to be some rudimentary ones on the front of the 750LTE Australian one.

While it's never affected me personally, it's nice to see they are addressing the overheating problems that have been reported.900X.jpg

They're ours, we received them last week. Sample units for now. Will provide more info with testing.

While it's never affected me personally, it's nice to see they are addressing the overheating problems that have been reported.
They was addressing the overheating issue several times in past so i won’t fell for that for a second time.

But i have to admit, direct connection of a LTE modem is a nice feature. :)

Last edited:
Back