Next model rumors?

I just have a 4G dongle in one of the car’s USB ports that allows uploading to the cloud, even when parked
Doubles as a wifi hotspot

Sure, i had similar config but you can save some power by not tranceiving Wifi by two devices, not to mention about reliability of a direct connection.

Unfortunately after some research i noticed they have a special dongle for 4G... (but it’s probably wiser decision because of the quality of their software... :devilish: )

Last edited:
How goes the testing?

Blackvue mentioned in an email to me they expect to start shipping the 'X' models in June/July time frame. I am sure the coronavirus matter have mucked up plans for Blackvue and many others.

Testing has been on pause as the SIM card module sample hasn't been sent (not yet ready) and the smartphone app isn't available for the X series yet. Since everything else is identical to the old S series, we have to wait for these things first.

Rumor has it that one must not connect to the 12V battery in the Model 3. The computer will recognize an unaccounted for drain on the battery and begin shutting down its loads to try to control it and then issue a trouble code.

So, you need to use BlackVue's backup battery.
Nah, just plug into the 12v sockets. Works fine, even when parked

How does that work with the ignition switched off?

I would buy the new model even if I dont use the LTE lol. These devices are permanent purchases. Any news on when it will be sold?

I would buy the new model even if I dont use the LTE lol. These devices are permanent purchases. Any news on when it will be sold?

Current ETA is June/July; delays due to COVID-19.

Back