old4570

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Front: 70MAI , Ausdom A261, Mini 0826 , Rear: A118c
TRASHCAM !!!!!! ( I like that )

Screenshot-58.png

I have wanted to test one of these for the longest time ..
So many questions in regards to these ..
Q1 - Will it work with just USB power
Q2 - PC compatible
Q3 - Just how bad is the video , trash grade or higher ? ( I don't know , might be barely acceptable )
Q4 - How do you use it , is it text based set up ?

For $10 ozzi bananas , I'm prepared to find out .. ( Looks compact enough )

For $10 ozzi bananas
Do you mean $6.80 USA, £5.30 including the postage?

Surprised it's not a pinhole camera at that price, how can they afford to put a lens in it?

If only someone could make a tank full of fuel at a similarly low price...

Sub USD $5 cameras have been in the market for a while now, quality is as you would expect but people keep buying them, some people just buy whatever is suggested without researching their purchase

$7 USD + Discount = $6.50 USD shipped ...
Has a micro SD card ..
Supposedly starts recording to the card when power is applied ..
Should be ? 720 resolution ?
Codec (?) MJPEG ( ? )

There are ? 3 versions of this particular cam ?
And USB cams , ? Maybe there are 10 of them .. ?
If you have a head unit , they can plug in to that .. ( I have a head unit in my car )
Does GPS nav / reverse cam / Music / Radio / Video / and the new ones are even more functional with internet surfing capability N' stuff . as well dash cam when a camera is plugged into them .
Again , this has Micro SD card for recording video ...
So my curiosity got $10 ozzi bananas out of me ... ( Hence forth my reviews will most likely be called Trashcam Tests )
Also I want to see if I can use it VIA my computer .. ( Especially if all the power comes VIA USB )
Might be OK for a cheap nasty security cam ( ???? )
Again , know nothing at all about these cams , so it a mission to find out whats what .. And been meaning to play with one for quite some time now .. But my RC hobby has got in the way of a lot of other interests .
But 2019 has been so windy , and flying opportunities very rare . So looks like I have time for some non RC activities . ( Like Trashcams )

I would love it if some one with money just purchased every cam under $20 and did an honest test of them ..
There have been in the past Fake Video posted for budget cams , why ? Obviously to sell these Trashcams to people who think they are getting a bargain .
I have no delusions about these cams , they are toys .
But some on has to be silly enough to throw money away and test them , putting real Video samples out there . ( I mean , for $10 I could buy a Micro Receiver for my Rc transmitter for one of my upcoming Rc projects )
Unfortunately it's as windy as all outdoors , so even if I do something , when the heck do I get to fly it ?
I already have quite a few RC planes I don't get to fly ..

Last edited:
Nice word "Trashcam" :LOL:
Adding it to my vocabulary now :cool:

Phil

Back