Next version of Mobius?

Are those videos up anywhere else ? i cant DL them.

The video sample has been uploaded to Youtube - it won't be the same as the original file but here you go:

Factoring in the youtube loss it dont look half bad :cool:

I would still like to see the RAW footage too, soon i will be getting a 8 Gb ram module so my computer is back up to 32Gb of that again.

I think it can handle it with just the automatic OC that take my Gen 1 I7 prosessor to a little over 4 Ghz, if not i can manually push it to 5Ghz with a fjew clicks in the bios :cool::p

i want to see even pictures of the new camera (not video output - the real photos of the new cam - "unboxing" or whatever).
someone who already downloaded it, can upload some pictures or a video?

Great news on the imminent release of the Mobius 2 really looking forward to getting my hands on one...since the firmware is still not finalized please, please, please have selectable metering in the menu.

Metering.jpg~original

Yeah, this is going to be my dashcam for sure. If it is just like the mobius1, except for a bit larger size (if that is the case) or just a updated hardware.
I am getting this soon, as for firmware issues, they will be fixed down the road, the mobius1 had many updated versions of firmware and that
is great to get fixed and updates for a product. Most of the time you buy a product and you get no updates or nothing.

It does look like the mobius2 will have everything that we need, as hardware is updated and technology has moved forward for
some time now. If them PDF files are correct.

h264 or h265, 1080p 60fps, digital image stabilization, good low light performance and I assume everything else that was great
in the first version. Wonder if they put two microphones in it for stereo sound ?

And I do hope there will be lots of options regarding bitrate for both video and audio, and also audio type (mp3, aac and so on).

Perhaps getting two of them, one for front and one for back.

Is there an actual unboxing video? Would love to see how it actually looks.

It was due to launch today at the two Chinese eBay sellers but sounds like it might have been put back a bit - it all seems to have kicked off a bit over in the rcgroups threads

I've got a bag of popcorn.

Why see X-Men when you have internet warriors?

In all seriousness FFS was being a bit of a bell but his points were valid and echoed by others. Then Isoprop comes along and just bullies him. It's not what I expected from Mobius. I understand they aren't used to criticism really but they have to deal with it better than they are. All they are doing at the moment is getting angry and deleting posts. If they engaged in a cool demeanour, answered posts, and maybe provided all information this probably would have ended in 3 posts. Oh well.

I've got a bag of popcorn.

Why see X-Men when you have internet warriors?

In all seriousness FFS
I watched X-Men yesterday ;)

I never noticed the acronym for his name until you pointed it out - seems to match his feelings!

Noticed you have the UHD XA announced too over there - good luck with that - certainly interesting times in the action cam arena and Xiaomi are launching a drone soon too so lots of interesting products coming out this year!

So much in life is about managing expectations. Based on their history I am sure everything will be just fine with the new Mobius.

pretty sure whatever they release it will be improved upon, I guess some users might have been expecting the starting point to be further along than what was proposed, spoiled by 3 years of Mobius 1 progress perhaps and maybe thinking this would automatically pickup where the old one left off, new products are a lot harder than that unfortunately

Look forward to see the design.
Not sure if they will hide the hardware details or not as M1.
I don't think this will make sense.
Before DOD and XiaoYi rebranded the chipset, but soon we know what's inside.

As Hisilicon does not like Novatek, they only offer a very basic SDK, there are lots of work to get it better.

Back