Next Viofo Cam

PresidentComey

Reaction score
Country
United States
I was on the viofo website and on their landing page they have a slide reel of images advertising the a119s along with accessories. One of the three images on the site was
http://www.viofo.com/modules/homeslider/images/566a49301ba6be741f512c91c067be0b0b2a2406_VIOFO WR1 Car Dash Camera.jpg

which advertised a 160 degree remote looking lens with no screen and equipped with wifi. Did I just discover viofo's next product?

Its listed as WR1 if that helps.

Found this on the viofo romania page: https://www.facebook.com/viofo/posts/268484496893544
More Info:https://www.facebook.com/viofo/posts/267570133651647

Last edited:
Sold. I'll take 2 pronto. Dang that looks good.

Yeah .. just a black circular lens appearing when you look at it from the back ... perfect. This is all you need to see.
Hope they can add some minimal style with the mount .. rather than the usual chunky plastic types.

Something along the lines of the DDPai that attaches magnetically. Looks very stylish.

Anyone know of any specs for the WR1 .. other than it will be 1080p?

The Romania viofo Facebook page has a lot more

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Yeah .. just a black circular lens appearing when you look at it from the back ... perfect. This is all you need to see.
Hope they can add some minimal style with the mount .. rather than the usual chunky plastic types.

Something along the lines of the DDPai that attaches magnetically. Looks very stylish.

Anyone know of any specs for the WR1 .. other than it will be 1080p?

First in Romania, starting this month:
Viofo Wr1 Wi-Fi Camera DVR
- Sony Imx322 CMOS
- Full HD 30FPS
- Wi-fi with app on smartphone
- Super Condenser (capacitor?)

size of a half creditcard

looks like a standard suction cup mount unfortunately.

yes look a little like the old Lukas LK-7900 cameras, and while they was not the worst, a camera that hang off the windscreen like that do stand out more i think.
But you can be lucky it can blend in with the rear view mirror behind it

I like the hockey puck concept and it seems like it has potential. I can see that it might not be as stealthy as one might want but without a screen it could be tucked all the way behind the rear-view mirror.

I might have liked to see a similar hockey puck design but one where the camera would be flipped with the lens on the edge of the disk. This way it would have a slimmer front profile more like how the Mobius looks from the front. Still, this looks like it might be quite small. I'm looking forward to seeing how this one performs.

Last edited:
yes look a little like the old Lukas LK-7900 cameras, and while they was not the worst, a camera that hang off the windscreen like that do stand out more i think.

Agree. I want one for the rear .. and thinking a magnetic attachment above the rear window frame would be the go .. seeing there would be metal up there.
That leaves the stem .. 0.5cm curved plastic that contains the wiring going through the roof lining to the front dash.

This slimline plastic curved plastic tube attaching to a lens casing .. shape being that of an egg cut in half .. with the curved part facing Driver. Round like an eyeball .. or elliptical like an eyelid at the front.
The tube could swivel or bend, but firm enough not to droop. Further down the track .. able to swivel via something like a small joystick from the dash if you see something in your rear view mirror. Probably by then .. it would be voice command Front 12 o-clock .. rear 6 etc

This is your next design for a stealthy front or rear Cam, VIOFO ... Do it! :D

Hang orn .. Street Guardian is welcome to get in first :p Thank me later.

I'll order one now .. lol

Last edited:
Agree. I want one for the rear .. and thinking a magnetic attachment above the rear window frame would be the go .. seeing there would be metal up there.
That leaves the stem .. 0.5cm curved plastic that contains the wiring going through the roof lining to the front dash.

This slimline plastic curved plastic tube attaching to a lens casing .. shape being that of an egg cut in half .. with the curved part facing Driver. Round like an eyeball .. or elliptical like an eyelid at the front.
The tube could swivel or bend, but firm enough not to droop. Further down the track .. able to swivel via something like a small joystick from the dash if you see something in your rear view mirror. Probably by then .. it would be voice command Front 12 o-clock .. rear 6 etc

This is your next design for a stealthy front or rear Cam, VIOFO ... Do it! :D

Hang orn .. Street Guardian is welcome to get in first :p Thank me later.

I'll order one now .. lol

Ours are Arriving in Australia in about 2 weeks. Full Specs and pricing not available just yet.

Looking forward to taking a squiz .. and hearing all about it. I take it they give you a unit to demo.. well, I hope they do.

Some video would be good - Day, dust & night.. if you do that stuff, that is.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W WR1 48
W WR1 0
Yooshaw WR1 3
J WR1 4
J WR1 5
Back