Nextbase 122 won’t format SanDisk 128gb sd card (but works with SanDisk 32gb).

Mjed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 622 model in the front of my motorhome and purchased a separate 122 model for the rear. Didn’t want both front/rear recording to same card. The rear 122 works fine with a 32gb Ultra but won’t format either a SanDisk 128gb Extreeme or 128gb Ultra. (Both U3).

really annoyed that I’m being pressed to buy a Nextbase sd card at 3 x price of quality SanDisk when I’m only storing low resolution files (not 4k video).

Should these cards work in this model?

Also, the camera keeps blue screening (card full/format). I’ll try turning off the crash detection to stop a build up of protected files because it’s probably not loop recording?

Hi,

The 122 has a maximum compatible SD card size of 32GB. A 128GB card is too large to use in a 122 and is not compatible.

Have you tried using a Nextbase 32GB U3 SD card to resolve the lack of loop recording issue?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

After buying the card, and opening the packaging, I discovered it was not suitable due to the 32gb limit. There’s a lot of miss information out there. Even Halfords links to a 128gb card under the 122 and I have to dig hard to find this constraint. The 32gb fills up to fast then blue screens (stopping recording too I guess?). On my motorhome, it frequently saves “crash” files. I’ve now disabled this in the hope it will loop.

Ive got a 622 with a Nextbase card. Yes, expensive, but all the bells and whistle. The 122 is entry level, so why not clearly show the constraints?

thanks for your company’s reply.

I remember the same limitations with the 402 and 412 but this was overcome by using third party Windows software to format cards over the Windows 32Gb limit for FAT32.

I successfully used a FAT32 64Gb card in both without issue.

Yes you might be able to cheat the camera, but this require you use a software that you can force FAT32 file allocation table onto the card, otherwise windows will automatic format cards larger than 32 GB to Ex FAT
We did this much in the old days when 32 GB was the norm but we wanted to use 64 GB cards, nor sure if it would work with a even larger 128 GB card but worth a try.

I can not recall what the free software we used to force FAT 32 on cards was called.

I think I used one of the EaseUS programs but there are others now.

I can't remember once formatted you could reformat in the dashcam and it worked OK. Just needed FAT32 to start with.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A 122 1
Skylar132 122 1
G 122 5
Back