Nextbase 212

Tony lovelock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 422gw/Nextbase 212G & möbius C3 wide angle lens
Hi,

Recently purchased a 2017 (67) reg Suzuki vitara sz-t & I have installed a 212 on the front windscreen & my 412gw on the rear windscreen as in the boot there is a 12v socket. The 412gw in the rear turns on ok aswell as auto power down, whereas the 212 in the front will power up ok but it won’t auto power down after its preset 10 secs. However it saves the last clip from the moment it switches off then next clip it says (unable to play media due to file being damaged) not sure if there is anything that can be done about this from the front 12v socket?

Any thoughts guys

Thanks

Hello,

Have you tried a different SD card in the 212 to see if that resolves the issue?
Is the 212's firmware up to date?

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

I have formatted the sd card, I haven’t looked the update as of yet as when I updated my 422gw few months ago the update messed up my dash cam as it wouldn’t record & was acting intermittently so I’m holding off for the moment

Hi Tony,

What brand, size, model and class of SD card are you using please?
When was the SD card purchased please?
How often is the card usually formatted please?

What firmware version is the 212 on?
1) Turn the Dash Cam on
2) Stop it recording
3) Press the Menu Button Twice to enter the Setup Menu.
4) Scroll down to ‘System Info’
5) Look at the Firmware number RXX.XX

Kind regards,
Millie
Nextbase Technical Support

Hi,

Recently purchased a 2017 (67) reg Suzuki vitara sz-t & I have installed a 212 on the front windscreen & my 412gw on the rear windscreen as in the boot there is a 12v socket. The 412gw in the rear turns on ok aswell as auto power down, whereas the 212 in the front will power up ok but it won’t auto power down after its preset 10 secs. However it saves the last clip from the moment it switches off then next clip it says (unable to play media due to file being damaged) not sure if there is anything that can be done about this from the front 12v socket?

Any thoughts guys

Thanks
why the 212 on the front screen instead of the 412?

why the 212 on the front screen instead of the 412?
The 212 has been far more reliable recording as a dash cam, the 412gw on intermittent occasions turns on records then after seconds the screen stays but but stops recording. So even if it’s a less superior model to the 412gw it’s more reliable for me as an front end dash cam on our family car, can’t afford not to have a non recording dashcam If something was to occur whilst on the road

hearing the 212 is more reliable is quite surprising tbh

Had it since early 2018 I think from memory on a 128gb Samsung evo card plus in the front windscreen it’s much smaller in size compared to the 412gw off the stalk mount

hearing the 212 is more reliable is quite surprising tbh

Doesn't surprise me.

Given what dashcams are doing in such a small box keeping it simple with no fancy addons like SOS, Alexa, secondary camera attachments, etc seems to be the way forward IMO.

Doesn't surprise me.

Given what dashcams are doing in such a small box keeping it simple with no fancy addons like SOS, Alexa, secondary camera attachments, etc seems to be the way forward IMO.
it seems nextbases models that arent overflown with dumb features are more reliable, ive heard far less issues with the 122, 222 and 212 and 122 compared to their wifi range cameras

My old 402, 412 and 380 never locked up. My only criticism of the 402 and 412 was the ball joint mount that introduced vibration over less than perfect roads.

I thought they had it cracked with the 380 till I found the resolution so poor that I could hardly read number plates of overtaking vehicles let alone approaching ones. Also the 380 didn't have any CPL mounting feature.

I do hope their series 3, if there is one takes all this into account.

My old 402, 412 and 380 never locked up. My only criticism of the 402 and 412 was the ball joint mount that introduced vibration over less than perfect roads.

I thought they had it cracked with the 380 till I found the resolution so poor that I could hardly read number plates of overtaking vehicles let alone approaching ones. Also the 380 didn't have any CPL mounting feature.

I remember our old 402g locked up very rarely if we enabled motion detection but other than that it was flawless, showed what happened clearly in our accident and the 322gw was almost flawless except for the rear camera, i checked their website too, 250 for the 380?! yikes!

I asked Millie about this & she said it’s in consideration/wheels in motion but nothing officially announced as of yet.

Problem solved: in the console area there is a 12v socket & a single usb connection point. I favoured the 12v socket but it turns out that the usb connection point is actually active to make the dashcam auto record/auto switch off once the ignition is off. Wish I tried the other day when I done all the cabling etc so now have to undone all my hard work & re do it LOL as I’m very ocd with cabling can’t have nothing on show

I asked Millie about this & she said it’s in consideration/wheels in motion but nothing officially announced as of yet.

When I'd become too frustrated with the 380 poor footage I created a requirements list :

Solid mount (ala 380)
Easy single handed removal and remount to eliminate the need to realign each time
Onboard screen to avoid any bluetooth or wifi requirement
CPL filter attachment
At least QuadHD

I found one and since purchase has been flawless and I'm still using my Nextbase hardwire kit with it.

Hi,

Any thoughts guys

Thanks
Can I ask how your camera cable is run? Concealed or not? I’ve just bought a Vitara and would like to conceal the cable.

Back