Nextbase 222 Card Failure

MobileMIke

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys

Bought a couple of these about 2 months ago, always been connected with the Nextbase adaptor.
went to go out the other morning and when powered on it asks for the SD Card to be Formatted, but format fails.
I got a brand-new 64gb San disk c10 SDXC u1 card that is compliant with the specs and was bought from a major shopping outlet.

Card won't format and looks to have been corrupted in the boot sector. I have tried a number of different systems and approaches to formatting and looks like the
card is unrecoverable.

card was formatted in the camera previously, probably only 3 weeks ago without issue.
camera firmware v601

any assistance would be appreciated, don't want to be buying new cards every 2 months

thanks

mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your comment.

All SanDisk SD cards, apart from the High Endurance card, are NOT Dash Cam compatible. SanDisk void their warranty if their SD cards are used within a Dash Cam because of their extremely short lifespan if continuously overwritten. If you believe otherwise to be the case, please contact the manufacturer for confirmation. https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-gb/warranty.

I'd recommend one of our own SD cards, as they're designed to function with continuous overwriting, and we uphold the warranty directly.

If there's anything else we can do to help, please don't hesitate to get in contact directly.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Hi Millie

Thank you for your reply, I was totally not aware the card was not supported, I will have to look at others.

do you have a link to your Cards as I seem unable to locate them.

thanks

mike

Hi if you're after a Nextbase 64GB SD Card they're on Amazon for £22.95 atm on Prime sold by iZilla who are a Nextbase approved seller. Decent saving on Halfrauds prices. Also you can get a Nextbase 128GB Sd Card from the same seller on Amazon for the price of that 64GB one at Halfords. (I got my 128GB Nextbase SD Card from them).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/B07QFQVZ85

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H 222 5
S 222 1
Back