Nextbase 300W

russ331

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Mobius B (x2) & A119
Would anyone recommend this model? I cannot find any reviews of it. I believe it’s a capacitor-based dashcam. It’s currently on sale at Amazon UK for £50.

I like cylindrical dashcams, and would affix it to the rear screen of my Mini Cooper, to replace a recently retired Mobius.

Comments welcome.

Attachments

• EB38CAA9-9798-4895-8668-8EF2E13BF54F.jpeg
    EB38CAA9-9798-4895-8668-8EF2E13BF54F.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 4
very little info on this nb cam, i like the look of it myself and it does have audible notifications from what i can tell, heres the one video i could find on it

@NextBase Support should be able to confirm but looks like it's a Grain Media GM8136 SoC with the Sony IMX323 sensor.

It's unusual if it is a Sony sensor that the NextBase marketing department didn't push it as such but I can't see any other sensor references in the firmware other than the imx323.

Grain Media were bought out by Novatek in 2017.

Seems to have RTSP etc in the firmware, I guess for the live view to the app.

There are references to Samoon in the firmware - they made the great Street Storm CVR-A7810-G and make cameras for NextBase and Vantrue plus many others.

Hi all,

Here's the Support Page for the 300W: https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/help-and-support/dash-cams/300w-dash-cam-support/

It's a capacitor based Dashcam, without a battery. We recommend using the 300W with a Nextbase hard wire kit on a permanently live fuse with Parking Mode enabled. The Parking Mode works slightly differently to Series 2- If the car is completely still for five minutes (parked) then the dashcam will turn off. If movement is detected, it will record a 1 minute protected video and then continue recording normally for five minutes. After five minutes of no movement, the dashcam will then turn off again.

As the 300W does not have an operating screen, it uses Wi-Fi to connect to it's Nextbase app, DriveGuard. From here you can then change the settings and view Live View and footage.

This is a model that was produced and sold as part of our Series 1 Dashcams, and can now be purchased at certain retailers such as Costco, Aldi and Amazon.
Further info can be seen here: https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/series-1-dash-cams/300w-dash-cam/

Kind regards,
Millie

I have just bought one of these from Aldi and installed using the cigarette lighter plug provided the picture is good but the problem I have is the date doesn’t change. Do I have to set the date every time I use it if so it’s a bit of a faff any ideas please

You shouldn't do. It should get the date and time from the GPS signal.

That can take a few minutes on first powerup.

A failed GPS lock can depend on installation and if the car has an athermal windscreen.

It’s an old car an Astra G 2002 so nothing fancy

Just checked the specs on Nextbase and it has no GPS :

= it more than likely has no auto time.

No GPS and only 1080p is very low spec these days. I hope you didn't pay too much

Wow, that's a lot in my book for the specs I mentioned.

GPS in dashcams is almost critical in some situations and 1440 has been standard for quite a while now.

However, if it suits your purpose then :)

You shouldn't do. It should get the date and time from the GPS signal.

That can take a few minutes on first powerup.

A failed GPS lock can depend on installation and if the car has an athermal windscreen.
300w doesnt have gps and for some reason has an issue with setting the year to 2022 where it freaks out sometimes

Take it back ?

Thanks I have fitted it in already I like the cylinder design it fits nicely behind the rear view mirror

Fair enough.

You need to apply a firmware fix. I had the same issue and Nextbase emailed me the file and once applied it fix the date/time issue completely.

You need to apply a firmware fix. I had the same issue and Nextbase emailed me the file and once applied it fix the date/time issue completely.
Thanks I’ll get in touch with them

Do you have the contact info for the firmware fix please

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Nextbase Other 1
B Nextbase Other 0
B Nextbase Other 3
B Nextbase Other 0
Kremmen Nextbase Other 7
Back