Nextbase 312 gw not charging when hardwired

Jondonwan

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
My dash cam is hardwired ,it comes on with the ignition. It goes off when the car switches off but it does not charge. When the battery fully depletes the dashcam just flashes on and off constantly. It never powers up fully. I tried using the cigarette adapter and this works perfectly. I have tried other fuses also. I think the hardwired kit is faulty because it worked perfectly for the first2 weeks.

Mac35red

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having the same problem, only 6 months old and lasts only a short time, not impressed

annoyedwithNextbase

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Mines just given up and is 15 months old, the only reply I got from my PM is, "have I contacted Nextbase about the camera before",

I have a whole thread below this one from when it was only 3 months old...….Issues from the start.

£75 for a camera which after 15 months no longer works is not on, I am sure BBC watchdog would like to know about how reliable NextBase cameras are.

Martin68

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My dash cam is hardwired ,it comes on with the ignition. It goes off when the car switches off but it does not charge. When the battery fully depletes the dashcam just flashes on and off constantly. It never powers up fully. I tried using the cigarette adapter and this works perfectly. I have tried other fuses also. I think the hardwired kit is faulty because it worked perfectly for the first2 weeks.
Assuming that you're using the genuine kit from Nextbase, I'd very carefully recheck your connections where you've connected it up at the car end