Nextbase 312 gw not charging when hardwired

Jondonwan

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
My dash cam is hardwired ,it comes on with the ignition. It goes off when the car switches off but it does not charge. When the battery fully depletes the dashcam just flashes on and off constantly. It never powers up fully. I tried using the cigarette adapter and this works perfectly. I have tried other fuses also. I think the hardwired kit is faulty because it worked perfectly for the first2 weeks.

Having the same problem, only 6 months old and lasts only a short time, not impressed

Mines just given up and is 15 months old, the only reply I got from my PM is, "have I contacted Nextbase about the camera before",

I have a whole thread below this one from when it was only 3 months old...….Issues from the start.

£75 for a camera which after 15 months no longer works is not on, I am sure BBC watchdog would like to know about how reliable NextBase cameras are.

My dash cam is hardwired ,it comes on with the ignition. It goes off when the car switches off but it does not charge. When the battery fully depletes the dashcam just flashes on and off constantly. It never powers up fully. I tried using the cigarette adapter and this works perfectly. I have tried other fuses also. I think the hardwired kit is faulty because it worked perfectly for the first2 weeks.
Assuming that you're using the genuine kit from Nextbase, I'd very carefully recheck your connections where you've connected it up at the car end

Just hard wired my cam into my Suzuki Vitara (once I located the fuse box) so fingers crossed it'll work OK!
I've always had very quick support from Nextbase. I complained about the sucker device not staying on and they immediately sent a couple of "different" replacements.

!IMG_6557.jpg

Hi all,

Having read your messages and the 'flashing lights', I'd say it's certainly a battery issue rather than Human or SD card error.

I'd advise:
1) Take your Dash Cam inside your house
2) Turn the 'Parking Mode' OFF
3) Plug in the Dash Cam using a mains charger or USB charger.
4) Charge the Dash Cam for 3 hours with the camera ON
5) Once the Dash Cam has finished charging, un-plug it and leave it ON for 10-15 minutes.
6a) If the Dash Cam remains on for the 10-15 minute duration and then dies, the camera is fine and just needed a good charge. You will need to recharge the camera again as you will have just drained the battery, but after that the Dash Cam should be good to go again back into your car. The battery is probably draining too low due to being activated regularly with Parking Mode without getting sufficiently re-charged. This would probably indicate a fault with the Hard Wire Kit.
6b) OR: If you complete step 1 to 5, but the camera dies very soon after un-plugging (record how long it takes to die), it could be a battery issue. Let me know how soon it dies. If it's anything under 5 minutes, I'd recommend returning the Dash Cam to the store and exchanging it for one without a battery issue. You'll need a proof of purchase. If you're no longer in warranty, or have any issues at all, just let me know.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Millie- Nextbase

Back