Nextbase 312

pal299

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All I have a next base 312 was ok for the first few weeks but now not charging from the included mount that plugs into the lighter. It shows a red wavy line so is drawing power. After a few miles it just keeps restarting . Plus does not lock onto gps the symbol just flashes > I have installed the latest firmware any ideas?

Hi @pal299

If you charge for 2 hours inside your home on the USB cable how long does the internal battery last?

It could either be the unit or the charger/mount, let me know the above and it'll narrow it down.

Hi after charging for two hour powered up on battery and recorded for 34 mins before turning off

That is great - normal life expectancy.

Either the charger isn't delivering enough power or the mount is the problem.

In the car do you charge directly into the camera or into the mount?

It’s powered into the mount in to cigarette lighter socket
Shows as charging
Still no gps

Tiffany sent you a message

Tiffany how long will it take to come.

Takes 48 hours usually, it was posted on the 29th so should arrive today.

Tracking ID shows that it hasn't been attempted for delivery yet, it's with Royal Mail.

Tiffany it has come will try it for a few days and post to confirm if it has solved the problem
Thanks for your help in this matter

This sounds similar to my issue, however I got mine swapped at Currys and the brand new camera is doing it straight out of the box.

Seems from all the problems on this forum Next Base are inferior not fit for purpose cameras.

My colleague at work has a £10 Chinese ebay camera which has never given any issues in over a year.

Hello and welcome @annoyedwithNextbase

I am ever so sorry you've experienced this, what happened with the first unit that caused you to return it? If the exact same thing has happened with a new unit that would indicate that something else is at fault.

Please do get in touch with us either by phone: 02920 866 429, email: support@nextbase.co.uk or LiveChat: www.nextbase.co.uk we can identify the problem and rectify it with you.

I can understand your frustrations when looking over these forums, however, I can reassure you that there are 2,673 (2,674 including this one) messages on the Nextbase area of Dash Cam Talk - we are the market leader in the UK with 80% market share, this represents hundreds of thousands, if not millions of units sold and working in customers cars currently. Even if all of the messages were faulty units (which they aren't) this would represent a minuscule portion of products sold.

As above please do get in touch because if you've experienced something not quite right we really want to hear from you and rectify it.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Back