Nextbase 312GW Constant Blue Light (Low Battery Warning)

NeilT

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Nextbase 312GW
Hi,

I have a Nextbase 312GW and after about 8 month of use, instead of the flashing red light when charging I now get a constant blue light. I was also getting a regular Low Battery warning on startup. I took it back to Halfords in Irvine where I bought it an who fitted it and they said they could find nothing wrong. I left it with them overnight and the next day they said constant blue light was how they worked, even though the manual says Red Flashing. Due to Halfords stalling I'm now just out of warranty and keep getting a low battery warning. Last dash-cam I had where this happened the dash-cam eventually lost all charge overnight and I had to enter all settings every time. Now if Nextbase are selling a product with a 12 month shelf life I won't be getting another. Halfords Irvine told me that they had contact Nextbase about my issue and that they were told the dash-cam was fine? apparently not.

P.S. The constant blue light is very bright and very distracting while driving in the dark and at this time of year that means very often. Had I of known this would be the case I would have purchased a dash-cam from a different manufacturer.

Blue light easily solved with a bit of tape, but I have to agree, it is a bit bright at night.

It's the low battery warning in the morning I'm getting that's worrying. Normally means it's on it's way out.

Do you have any recordings made overnight?

Nope! have parking mode switched off as whenever the Mrs or her Mother got into the car they slammed the door that hard it kept setting it off so not that.

Emailed just now.

Thanks for resolving too (y) Will fit the new battery once received. Just so folk know, Nextbase are going to send me out a new battery to replace the faulty one, they did offer for me to send it to their service centre for repair but I'm happy to fit it myself. The instructions provided were very concise.

Hi, how to get a battery replacement? I have exactly the same issue with my dashcam.

thanks

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 312GW 4
C 312GW 2
T 312GW 3
H 312GW 6
P 312GW 0
Back