Nextbase 312gw dash cam is stuck on blue LED when plugged in

dangoodwin96

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I was just about to upgrade the firmware on my dash cam and the Nextbase Relay 3 software said I can plug my dashcam into the computer and select 'mass storage'. I did then but my laptop couldn't find the dash cam for whatever reason, so I unplugged it and tried it the manual way. Manual way being plug a micro SD card into the computer, download the firmware and copy the .bin files to the sd card storage. It then said make sure your dash cam is off, plug it back into the mains or in the car then put the SD card in but I couldn't proceed with this.

Now, whenever the dash cam is on charge, the LED stays lit as blue and will not turn on. Whenever the dash cam is off charge, the LED stays off and will not turn on either.

Can anyone advise how I can resolve this issue please?

Thank you,
Dan Goodwin

Last edited:
Hello Dan,

You can't update the 312GW via Replay 3 at the moment I'm sorry it has to be done via the card reader.

What is the file names of the two files you're putting on the card?

What version of firmware is on the Dash Cam?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

Hello Dan,

You can't update the 312GW via Replay 3 at the moment I'm sorry it has to be done via the card reader.

What is the file names of the two files you're putting on the card?

What version of firmware is on the Dash Cam?

In order to check what version of firmware you're using;
please stop the camera recording then press menu twice,
scroll down to "system info" or "version" then press OK,
a black screen should pop up with a long text with R.. at the end.
Please tell me what numbers are after the R.

Hi Tiffany.

Slight thing I forgot in my original post that I now updated - the cam cannot even turn on now. When on charge - LED is blue and cannot turn on. When off charge - LED is off and still cannot turn on. I do apologize for this.

Ah that'll be why I couldn't do it!

The file names are as below: (please note i formatted the micro sd card before putting these files onto it)
FW312GWB.bin
FW96655A.bin

I am unable to check the firmware version as I am unable to turn it on.

Thanks,
Dan

Right - that isn't good. Did the camera lose power during the update?

Can you attempt to reflash the firmware? Does the LED flash once you press and hold the power on button with the loaded card inside?

Sounds like you did everything spot on Dan with formatting/file names.

Right - that isn't good. Did the camera lose power during the update?

Can you attempt to reflash the firmware? Does the LED flash once you press and hold the power on button with the loaded card inside?

Sounds like you did everything spot on Dan with formatting/file names.

The cam decided not to turn on even before I inserted in the sd card to run the fw update. So I don't believe this has anything to do with the firmware as the cam hasn't even touched the new firmware update yet.

I have since then, inserted the SD card into the dashcam but still unable to turn on.

And if I hold the power button to turn on the power, nothing happens. still shows the blue light no matter how long I hold it down for.

Do you reckon the camera is completely dead now? Or is there anything i can do?

Sorry for the delay here - I didn't realise it didn't power up before the update.

If you still have the unit please call us on 02920 866 429 or email us at support@nextbase.co.uk .

Back