Nextbase 312gw deluxe

andyfrecky

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have just bought the 312gw deluxe dashcam, installed 32gb sandisk ultra class 10 micro sd card, updated the firmware yesterday and installed today into bmw 320i using the hardwire kit supplied by nextbase (not cheap copy), piggybacking of switched live fuse.

My question is about the parking mode. How exactly does this work. Do I need to turn the G sensor on and to what level, low, medium or high or can this be lefted turned off. I ask this as my friend has the same camera bought last year and with the g sensor turned on it keeps filling up the memory card with protected files from just going over speed bumps or even slamming the car door. Does the latest firmware update correct this as in normal recording mode surely the camera should just record but not protect the files, if you do have accident you can download the files to your phone once you are home.

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

The G-Sensor and parking mode are two different features.

The G-Sesnor is for normal driving, low is not very sensitive (needs large impact to trigger) and so on.

Parking mode should only be activated when parked up, do not leave on when driving as it can interfere with normal recordings.

The slamming of the door will trigger it as there is no way of the camera differentiating between you knocking your car door or someone knocking your car door in a car park when it unattended.

You can turn off the G-sensor and it won't protect any files automatically when driving, you can still press the protect button if you like.

Hi Andy,

The G-Sensor and parking mode are two different features.

The G-Sesnor is for normal driving, low is not very sensitive (needs large impact to trigger) and so on.

Parking mode should only be activated when parked up, do not leave on when driving as it can interfere with normal recordings.

The slamming of the door will trigger it as there is no way of the camera differentiating between you knocking your car door or someone knocking your car door in a car park when it unattended.

You can turn off the G-sensor and it won't protect any files automatically when driving, you can still press the protect button if you like.

Hi Tiffany, thanks for your reply. We have been leaving it in Parking mode for past 2 weeks and it’s seems to be recording everything whilst driving and also parking mode is working aswell. I will keep it like this for now on as it is a inconvenience to keep switching between the 2. If I do start having issues with normal driving I will revert back. Can I just ask what brand of micro sd card you technicians test the dashcam with as currently have a sandisk ultra but reading online these seem to have problems after overwriting afew times, so looking at buying a bigger 128gb card but want to use the recommended one.

Thanks again

Andy

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 312GW 4
C 312GW 2
T 312GW 3
H 312GW 6
P 312GW 0
Back