nextbase 312gw melted

extileman01

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A few weeks ago I came to open my car for something and white smoke poured out of the interior, I closed the door as quickly as I could and wondered what to do next ! I called for backup from her indoors and she spotted the dash cam was smoking and had melted at top right hand corner where the controls are.lucky it didn't destroy my car. the camera was only 14 months old and is now toast !! has anybody elsa experienced this before ?

thanks. Peter.c

Best you talk to NB support about it.

FWIW-
Smoke from plastic will be black and acrid-smelling. White smoke will be from a failed Lithium battery and must not be inhaled in any quantity. Lithium smoke contains Hydrogen Flouride which can destroy your lungs, and it's effects may not appear for 1-3 days, by which time there is no treatment which can reverse the effects. If vou breathe in any Lithium smoke go to the Doctor or Hospital immediately as early treatment can reduce or mitigate the damage. Also do not let anything leaking from a failed Lithium battery contact your skin as it can cause acid burns as well as enter the bloodstream to cause problems elsewhere. Also applies to laptops, tablets, phones, Li powered flashlights, powerbanks, etc.

Hydrogen Flouride on Wikipedia

Phil

Last edited:
Many thanks to Nextbase support for their speedy and effective response to my post.The unit has been replaced.
Regards Peter.c

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 312GW 4
C 312GW 2
T 312GW 3
H 312GW 6
P 312GW 0
Back