nextbase 312GW Protected files

me100

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where are protected files kept, I can,t find them.

Hi me100,

It depends on which Dash Cam you're using, what SD card you're using and what Device you're trying to access the footage on.

For instance; you're using a class 10 Branded SD Card, a 312GW and a Windows Computer.
Plug in the camera using the provided cable directly into the camera, not the mount. Make sure the Dash Cam is displaying 'Mass Storage' on the screen and nothing else. The Dash Cam should appear as Removable Drive (D:) or something similar. Once you open the drive, you should see a list of footage/recordings. Check that the recordings lead on from one to another directly and there is no missing footage in between; if there is, consult below*. Due to the Protected files not being deleted, they should be displayed in that list of footage, but with a different title compared to the normal footage. I'd also recommend checking though the list manually, as they may not be shown in chronological or alphabetical order, depending on your PC settings. If these files are not evident, check for a separate folder contacting only Protected Footage.

If you're using a mobile device to watch recordings and cannot locate the Protected files, I'd recommend using a computer to locate the Protected Recordings.

*If you find gaps in footage, or find that footage hasn't recorded fully; this may be due to use of an inappropriate SD card, a full SD card or an old SD card. The gaps mean that the SD card is struggling to write the data to RAM, and so is buffering whilst trying to process the request. Firstly copy any footage on the SD card to a PC, then re-format the card (either on the computer or via the Dash Cam). This will wipe the card so the card should be able to once again fully record footage. We recommend re-formatting the card every 2-3 weeks to prolong the life of the card. If your footage gaps still persist between 2-3 re-formatting, then it may be that your SD Card has reached it's limit and it's time to buy a new one.

Further information can be found here:

Any other help, or if you still can't find the Protected Files, give me a shout.

Regards,
Millie

Where are protected files kept, I can,t find them.
If you're on windows, Click on NEXTBASE when the SD Card registers with the sytem and then tap on DCIM and there you will see a folder saying "Protected" which is the one you need. If you're not on windows than I have no idea.

Attachments

• Screenshot (91).png
    Screenshot (91).png
    103.8 KB · Views: 2
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D 312GW 4
C 312GW 2
T 312GW 3
H 312GW 6
P 312GW 0
Back